Save lives.. or cause more accidents? CREW

V8 Beast

oh and helmets and air bags = bad.

Why? All I have ever heard is some propoganda the SCCA tried to release, that I thought was later retracted. I still see no reason why wearing a helmet with no airbag is safer than a helmet with an airbag. My fiancee designs airbags, so I guess I'll have to ask her after work.

and yes, Kenny should always wear a helmet.

the part of the helmet that sticks out past your face is going to push your head back more than the air bag alone. why don't you see air bags in any form of pro racing if it would be safer for the driver in a crash?

Guest mrhobbz
must wear mits and a helmet to ride the short bus

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/cwash77/cover1-2_14.jpg

random pic

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/cwash77/standard.jpg

ROFL! i just burnt the shit out of my self sipping on this coffee, thanks ass.

the part of the helmet that sticks out past your face is going to push your head back more than the air bag alone.

The airbag is not a solid object, it will deform and it's only there to slow down your head/shoulders more gradually. The seatbelt is holding back your body during the accident (once it locks, which should be quickly). I don't see a helmet causing your head to snap back, unless you're not wearing a seat belt...which you should be anyway.

why don't you see air bags in any form of pro racing if it would be safer for the driver in a crash?

Because no racing series uses 3-point seatbelts with no other type of restraints. Is a race car your body is strapped down, you have a HANS device, you have seats with supports on the sides of your helmet, and/or you have nets on either side of your head.

EDIT: It COULD happen if you were seated too close to the wheel. I would need to see a crash test vid of someone wearing a helmet to change my opinion otherwise.