My new Whip

04silvrz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, how much did you pay for the car? probably doube what I paid, so i got room to add 4 or 5 g and have more car. and teh style of car i like. it's just all about what you like, you guys like domestics, i like imports.

APS turbo kits make about 400+ whp, and the kit itself is 8 grand, and after tunning and install, who knows. And i doubt it will beat a c6.

it's not 8 grand, there are kits for 5 and 6 not to mention i can DIY a kit or get a used one. i could have 400+ at the wheels for about 6G TOTAL. making the grand total of 21,000 in the car.... about the same cost as a c06, and it WILL smoke it. google some vids.

If you think slapping a turbo on your stock 350z will make it faster than a corvette you're going to be disappointed. You may have a peak of 350'ish hp with a stock bolt-on kit, but ls1's have high and low-end power.

Somebody on here just joined recently with a supercharged 350z with a slightly built motor. His numbers weren't very impressive. Cool car, but little bang for the buck.

yeah, supercharge ftl. TT FTW. It is definatly cheaper to mod a LS1, no denying that.

it's not 8 grand, there are kits for 5 and 6 not to mention i can DIY a kit or get a used one. i could have 400+ at the wheels for about 6G TOTAL. making the grand total of 21,000 in the car.... about the same cost as a c06, and it WILL smoke it. google some vids.

i paid $19k for it about a year and a half ago....but i did roll negative from my last car.

yes you can go do that and ill just put on my $500 longtubes and my pieced together nitrous kit and still whoop up on you ;)

then go pick up 3...not just 1, but THREE beautiful girls in my beutiful car and take them back to my house for a crazy orgy :D

I like 350z's but you cant buy something like that and seriously expect it to keep up with faster cars. Its definitly a nice car but its not a speed bargain by any means. I hate to say it but there is really no replacement for displacement. Especially when ls1's are getting cheaper and cheaper.

A 350Z track edition will hang with a base C5 on a road course in the turns. The C5 will pull from it in the straights with its extra displacement but they are about identical in their handling capabilities but the C5 has more of a bulky feeling and the 350Z has a more "tossable" lively feel. A f-body doesn't have a chance in hell against one on a road course.

Sure you can modify an f-body to hang with one but stock for stock they are not even close and all of the modifications to make the f-body handle are a direct compromise for ride quality- A live axle, even if it is a 3-link (after adding a panhard bar), and the fourth-gen f-bodies do have SLA (short/long arm) front suspension but it is not going to be as comfortable or forgiving as a front and rear double wishbone setup. Put the same money in the suspension of the 350z and again no contest.

FWIW we ran my sisters bone stock 99 LS1 A4 SS against a 350Z on the freeway years ago and they were dead even- pretty impressive for 2 less cylinders. I don't know if it was modified or not but it sure didn't look like it.

FWIW we ran my sisters bone stock 99 LS1 A4 SS against a 350Z on the freeway years ago and they were dead even- pretty impressive for 2 less cylinders. I don't know if it was modified or not but it sure didn't look like it.

Dude, have you seen what a stockish Z dyno's low-mid 200's. Unless the LS1 had a few plug wires disconnected, or the Z was indeed quite well modded, no way in hell.

you guys are just LS1 nut swingers, nothing is going to change that.

these cars dyno around 250... ls1 dyno maybe 10 - 15 HP more, and fbody is a heavier car. i would glady run your stock LS1 auto just to see the difference.