STI Gas Mileage?

Wease

I have never seen 22mpg on a tank, I'll post proof, I would love to see some documentation for an STI getting 24-25mpg especially with 1000cc injectors.

I have High Flow cated DownPipe (Cobb)

Axel back exhaust (Prodrive oval tip)

Dyno Tune @ Buschur by Tim Bailey of PDX Racing out of Oregon.

I drive like a grandma all the time, 25MPH in 4th and all that, you can see when I don't, the 18MPG says it all. The best I have had is 21.65. I have a brand new air filter, and Mobile1 syn oil 0w30 for better fuel economy. Tires are checked and inflated properly every week. As you can see I purchase Shell 93. Started in Mid march recording my stuff, in the beginning, all I had was receipts, so no milage but for the last few months I have proof. I don't think I can give you any more real world info....... I have spent almost 1k on gas since March. And I normally am getting under 300 miles per tank. A couple times I got over 300. I drive mostly highway except for the 5-6 mile drive from Day Care in Westerville to my house in Westerville only 3 times a week. I bought the car in August of 04, so 50K is pretty low Milage.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Fuel_Log_Book.jpg

^ the 18s ... LOL, feeling frisky those weeks eh ?

Are you tuned for your mods ?

Posted above.....

Surely I am not putting down 300HP without a tune on IPS's DynoJet.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/IPSdyno.jpg

Here is at Buschur 93 octane

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/DynoVids/PumpgasDynosheet.jpg

Here is buschur 100 octane

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/DynoVids/GT100Dynosheet.jpg

I'm just Stage 1 tuned. My city average is about 19-20. I'm going Stage 2+ soon, I'm told my mileage should improve (once I get over playing with all the new power. ;) ).

The best economy mod you can do to the car is a boost gauge if it doesn't already have one. Keep it in vacuum and you'll get good mileage.

I'm just Stage 1 tuned. My city average is about 19-20. I'm going Stage 2+ soon, I'm told my mileage should improve (once I get over playing with all the new power. ;) ).

The best economy mod you can do to the car is a boost gauge if it doesn't already have one. Keep it in vacuum and you'll get good mileage.

this isnt exactly true either. you want to keep it in vacuum but with pedal to the metal. This keeps the fuel being totally used for energy. so hit the gas hard and shift early. You dont want to creep up the rpm's pulling 0 boost b/c then the fuel doesn't totally get burnt. Do some research on hyper-miling and you'll read what im talking about.

saying all that junk, i got around 17-25 in a regular 2.0l wrx. its that all wheel drive that kills you. new plugs, diff oil, clean air filter and free-er exhaust had no effect on fuel milage for me...it just chewed up gas!

its that all wheel drive that kills you.

Then why do the Audi A4 2.0T Quattros get such good mileage? Even modded like Jones's...hell, his gets better mileage than stock putting down numbers approaching 300 to the wheels w/ a downpipe and tune.

I average between 20-22 mpg. I drive like an old lady most of the time and daily mostly highway commute 20 miles each way.

Last summer when traveling on interstate for vacation we averaged 25 mpg. on a few tanks which I thought was pretty decent.

Mods: I have aftermarket exhaust and recently bought a Cobb tuner. I haven't noticed alot of difference in mpg. since buying the Cobb though.

I have never seen 22mpg on a tank, I'll post proof, I would love to see some documentation for an STI getting 24-25mpg especially with 1000cc injectors.

I have High Flow cated DownPipe (Cobb)

Axel back exhaust (Prodrive oval tip)

I get 18-24 with me driving. 26mpg on a trip using control at 70mph.

I don't have a STi but I do have.

STi Turbo *VF39

823cc Injectors @ 60% duty cycle @ wot

my guess is that the new models 07-08 will get more considering there ecus have such a lean tune on them. Most people I talk to that own sti's say right about 20.

The leaner tune is mainly during spoolup. It will help a little, but if you are driving easy enough to stay in closed loop anyways then it won't. Closed loop idle and low load will still target 14.7 because of emissions.