Dark Knight

GonneVille

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great flick, worth paying for the ticket and worth seeing it at whatever time you see it, stay up late.

Ledger played a great joker, but I wouldn't give him an Oscar for it... but then again, I am not "the academy". Keep in mind, this is actors giving eachother awards, they'll give it to whoever they want. An actor who was ultimately killed by his role makes them look good, he'll get an Oscar. They'll make up a catagory if they have to.

The pencil trick will live on forever, and the hospital explosion was histarical. Hopefully they come up with some one to fill in the shoes, lucky for us its a costumed role and doesn't have to die with him.

Re: The characters that "died".... did anyone see a body? Anyone get buried?

no

The Joker: [to Rachel] A little fight in ya. I like that.

Batman: Then you're going to love me. [right hook]

The Joker: Madness is just like gravity, all you need is a little push.

The Joker: If you are good at something, never do it for free.

Re: The characters that "died".... did anyone see a body? Anyone get buried?

no

only two rules about death in comics, homie. you cant bring back bucky (captain americas first partner), and you cant bring back jason todd (the second robin). all else is within play.

(for the nerds, yes, i am aware that they have broken these rules both in the last year. in fact, thats why i said they were immutable. its a comic fool, you can do whatever the eff you like)

whatever you do, SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE IN IMAX. Several of the scenes, including beginning and end, were shot using IMAX cameras. there's nothing as awesome as seeing a 40 foot tall Batman fucking up a 39 foot tall Joker.

also, I along with everyone else am predicting a posthumous nomination and Oscar win for Heath Ledger

I just saw it last night. Totally awesome movie. Christopher Nolan deserves as much credit for that film's greatness as much as Heath does.

FYI...I thought that Mill Run was having a half-price pizza night (the format is now a "dinner theater") but it ended up being full price...or should I say OVERPRICED. Nonetheless, that was a neat experience.

I saw it today - no disappointments - every bit as good as advertised. I will say however I think it should have been R-rated. The movie, I felt, was too intense for my 13 year old. Maybe I am just getting old - it didn't have a lot of blood but the whole movie was a little dark for a youngin.

I saw it today - no disappointments - every bit as good as advertised. I will say however I think it should have been R-rated. The movie, I felt, was too intense for my 13 year old. Maybe I am just getting old - it didn't have a lot of blood but the whole movie was a little dark for a youngin.

We were talking about that at the carshow for the church. I agree its a little dark for younger kids IMO it need at PG-17 or whatever it is when the rating is for 17 and above

• 5 months later...