Electrical issues..

Guest mrhobbz

Guest mrhobbz

So a month after I bought this camaro the pass. side front turn signal went out, back one lit up but didn't flash. Figured it was the bulb, two days ago I noticed my driver side wasn't flashing either and that my foglights no longer turn on. Another issue I've noticed is that I get a good amount of line noise on my headunit and I've grounded it to a pretty secure ground on the chassis.

Earlier this morning coming off of 270 my gas gauge hits the e mark and my check gauges light comes on..

Turn signal/foglights.. I had a very quick look at the fuse box and didn't see any fuses for them, are there any?

Guest mrhobbz
So a month after I bought this camaro the pass. side front turn signal went out, back one lit up but didn't flash. Figured it was the bulb, two days ago I noticed my driver side wasn't flashing either and that my foglights no longer turn on. Another issue I've noticed is that I get a good amount of line noise on my headunit and I've grounded it to a pretty secure ground on the chassis.

Earlier this morning coming off of 270 my gas gauge hits the e mark and my check gauges light comes on..

Turn signal/foglights.. I had a very quick look at the fuse box and didn't see any fuses for them, are there any?

Fuses are fine, flasher indicaters show up in the dash just fine but do not blink when using a turn signal. Bulbs look fine, is there a relay somewhere for them or just the fuse? Hazard lights work properly.

Guest Removed

these are for domestic..seems there are 3 different ones..i would need the car to tell you for sure put the turn signal switch may just be the issue.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/79271763.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/79271533.gif

one is for fog the other turn and there are 5 different diagrams for the turn, stop, park lamps? do you have day time running lights? or no?

Guest mrhobbz
these are for domestic..seems there are 3 different ones..i would need the car to tell you for sure put the turn signal switch may just be the issue.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/79271763.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/79271533.gif

one is for fog the other turn and there are 5 different diagrams for the turn, stop, park lamps? do you have day time running lights? or no?

its a camaro, daytime running lights = yes

Some of the newer Camaros mount the front turn signal socket upside down. As in the bulb hangs down from the socket. Then the heat from the bulb melts the plastic socket causing problems. I have replaced a few of the front sockets on the newer Camaros.

Guest mrhobbz
Some of the newer Camaros mount the front turn signal socket upside down. As in the bulb hangs down from the socket. Then the heat from the bulb melts the plastic socket causing problems. I have replaced a few of the front sockets on the newer Camaros.

Ah, thanks for that bit of information. I'll check on that tomorrow. They're a pain in the ass to get to with those damn headlights, blah.

Pull the headlights, goto GM and ofer the 30 dollar blinking housings, then goto Advance or autozone with your old bulb socket and get 2 new ones. Splice the bulb sockets into the wiring, replace the bulb socket. Quit being a cheap ass and fix shit the right way, no wonder you have a 6 cyl, god didnt want you to punish an 8 cyl... :)