Stolen Quad on CL

Guest 614Streets

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: after the last email I sent another back to him, with a baited question.....I need some suggestions on how to reply...should I get more specific direction or a phone number? ps...looks like he's giving up at least some of his location

from kai mayle <kaimayle@yahoo.com>

reply-to kaimayle@yahoo.com

to Tommy Grant <me@gmail.com>

date Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM

subject Re: trade 04 z 400 no title

mailed-by yahoo.com

signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 12:56 PM (4 hours ago)

did i tell you I do not have a title i believe i listed it sorry if you didn't but the guy gave me a bill of sale bike should be done this week i was told,my machanic has it at the moment, bike should be good as new when i get it. sorry have no money for boot,but can get more pics if still interested,sorry for any trouble,but may have a 89 kx that i could throw in got it on a trade don't think it runs told may need reeds can have my guy take a look at it, looks like it has had rough life can send you pics. morgan county 25 m south 60 from zanesville.

--- On Sun, 8/3/08, Tommy Grant <me@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: trade 04 z 400 no title

To: kaimayle@yahoo.com

Date: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 11:08 PM

- Hide quoted text -

Sounds good, how far away from Zainesville are you? I'd love to come

check this quad out. I can bring my bike on my truck if you would

like. Let me know.

the last four numbers of the frame number are the important vin code, but most dealerships use the engine number as a primary id incase of stolen property. if he has the original paperwork from the dealer(the owner not the theif) he can identify it buy frame number/engine number or even key number. there all recorded per unit and only a set number of keys for each bike is made.....

I can't stand theives. I say fuck with him. Go look at it. Confirm it is stolen, say yeah I will buy it, load it into truck, drive away with it and say what are you gonna do call the cops. Just to meet the cops down the road and let them take care of the situation from there. A quad is grand theft right?

A quad is grand theft right?

Anything valued over $500 is felony grand theft.

That being said, I don't think that anyone should actually approach this guy unless the police are already involved. The cops need to have the VIN and any other identifying information before ANYONE goes to look at it. Beyond that, let the police handle how it all goes down. Trying to go vigilante out in farm land will get you shot and buried.

Anything valued over $500 is felony grand theft.

That being said, I don't think that anyone should actually approach this guy unless the police are already involved. The cops need to have the VIN and any other identifying information before ANYONE goes to look at it. Beyond that, let the police handle how it all goes down. Trying to go vigilante out in farm land will get you shot and buried.

Truth.

A few years back I had my quad stolen from a friends house out in the country (where it was stored). A couple of weeks later a friend of mine spotted a guy only a few miles away riding a quad "just like it" in his field or something. Later that same friend drove by and looking at the broken plastic he could tell it was mine. We called the local Sherriff and I gave them the Vin from my title. I was stuck at work the next day when they sent someone out, but all they needed to was a witness (my friend) and the VIN I gave them. When they went out there the cops aksed some questions, determined it was mine and had my friend load it up and drive away. I was never even present, and I also would not recommend going all Charlie Bronson and ending up missing. Just call the cops with the right info and let them handle it.

Incidentally, this same jackhole somehow got my phone number and called me a few weeks later trying to get money from me for repairs he had made.... to my STOLEN property. I didn't press charges when they took it back, but after that crap I wish I had.

Incidentally, this same jackhole somehow got my phone number and called me a few weeks later trying to get money from me for repairs he had made.... to my STOLEN property. I didn't press charges when they took it back, but after that crap I wish I had.

Thats great...lol

Call the cops and go get this guy.

Incidentally, this same jackhole somehow got my phone number and called me a few weeks later trying to get money from me for repairs he had made.... to my STOLEN property.

Now that takes balls... :lol:

Now that takes balls... :lol:

Yeah, he woke me up in the middle of the day (when I was working third shift), and it took me a minute to figure out what the hell he was asking. He apologized about the "misunderstanding" (apparently he didn't "understand" what stealing is) but wanted to let me know that he put $200 into replacing the swingarm bushing and something else. When I said "Okay, so why are you calling me?" he finally got to the point and said he thought he should be paid back the money for fixing the quad. When I told him there's no way, all he could muster was "I guess have fun riding the quad I fixed" to which I replied "I certainly will. Enjoy not being in jail unless I change my mind. Don't call here ever again"....

I don't think I legally could have changed my mind after I already declined pressing charges, but he didn't call to cry to me anymore.

Update: I thoughtfully replied. Asking a question within a statement. Just provoking some curiousity, yadda yadda. So I really don't have a sister in McConneslville.......is there any status update as to the recovery efforts???

from kai mayle <kaimayle@yahoo.com>

reply-to kaimayle@yahoo.com

to Tommy <me@gmail.com>

date Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:58 PM

subject Re: trade 04 z 400 no title

mailed-by yahoo.com

signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 12:58 PM (4 hours ago)

i talked to my mechanic today and told him that i need my bike back asap i'm going over today or tommorrow to see how far it is,where is your location,may i ask who your sister is. really interested in the bike so will make sure that every thing is in great shape,feel free to send a message anytime,also will let you know more when i go out there.

--- On Mon, 8/4/08, Tommy <me@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: trade 04 z 400 no title

To: kaimayle@yahoo.com

Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 6:24 PM

Yea, I don't need a title, it'll be a beginner quad for my son and

it's just so he can learn how to ride. The bike runs good still, I

start it about once a week to make sure that it's in good working

order. So, your down by Mcconesville, my sister has a house over

there.

Guest 614Streets
There's a girl I used to bang who lived in McConnellsville who now lives in Xenia. Lemme know if you need a name for your "sister".

Dam thats a signature quote if I ever saw one.

:funny: