How business people keep the economy rolling...

Akula

Last week I was in San Jose California for a two week stint of meetings that ended with everyone going out to dinner.

We meet in the lobby.

I throw my credit card at the bar tender and tell him to open a tab for my company. I say there will be like 18 people, we are going to do a pile of drinking.

He drops by 20 minutes later to ask if these 6 guys are also included, yes.

The VP shows up and exchanges her card for mine.

I put a large group of girls' drinks on my tab if they will let me in line ahead of them so I can get the VP and myself fresh drinks.

The bartender comes around with $350 bill, says he doesn't let them get any bigger. We sign and keep going. Another hour goes by and everyone starts wondering about dinner.

I head over to the closest 4 star place and get reservations for 18 in 30 minutes, the guy at the host desk was very happy as the place was a little dead due to a tattoo convention and no one eating the $50 steaks.

We close the bar tab, another $300.

We all eat a full blown 3 course with wine. The bill shows up after desert for another $1700.

The VP has been with the company 20 minutes and already she is horking down a $2300 night. NICE!

Business people are doing all they can to keep the economy rolling.

Where do I send my resume?

But isnt most of that going to be written off and the company will save on taxes? So, with that said arnt you hurting the goverments income, which inturn will raise taxes for everyone else.

I don't know how it all works, I know the bartender and waitstaff got pretty big tips which they will in turn pay taxes on.

Yes, we hire all the time. Not around here, but we do hire.

Working for Silicon Valley companies is my new hobby.

Where do I send my resume?

But isnt most of that going to be written off and the company will save on taxes? So, with that said arnt you hurting the goverments income, which inturn will raise taxes for everyone else.

Not really hurting the governments income, you think they are really that stupid? The government takes all this into account; tax write-offs, illegal immigrants, freeloaders on welfare... ect. They have all the information they need so enough money is "taken" from your check each week.

It really doesn't matter what is written off on anyones taxes... the government has already gotten just what they wanted, an interest-free loan.

Not really hurting the governments income, you think they are really that stupid? The government takes all this into account; tax write-offs, illegal immigrants, freeloaders on welfare... ect. They have all the information they need so enough money is "taken" from your check each week.

It really doesn't matter what is written off on anyones taxes... the government has already gotten just what they wanted, an interest-free loan.

it was more of a joke.But yeah, all money spent helps the country. And the tips will be spent, and the resturant pays taxes on their income.

I do all I can as well.. Just booked 3 flights to denver.. 2 to Orlando, and 3 to Vegas.. All for business of course. ;)

I just booked to Hawaii again in september, business of course!

it was more of a joke.But yeah, all money spent helps the country. And the tips will be spent, and the resturant pays taxes on their income.

lol, I just like going on rants about taxes and all bullshit associated with them...

Akula, it sounds like you're getting a good taste of corporate drinking, eating, and fucking! I usually enjoy this at least once a week...

The only bad part about shit like this, is sometimes you wake up next to an accounting executive that ends up being a stage 5 clinger.

Akula, it sounds like you're getting a good taste of corporate drinking, eating, and fucking! I usually enjoy this at least once a week...

The only bad part about shit like this, is sometimes you wake up next to an accounting executive that ends up being a stage 5 clinger.

I have been doing this for a few years now. This company is by far the worst/best as far as making my liver swell.

I don't end up screwing my co-workers but that's just me.