Calling all cars - Friday 7/25

caseyctsv

I need some cars to show up at our church just south of Delaware to celebrate the ending of vacation bible school. As I said before the vacation bible school theme this year was cars and they are wanting a "cruise-in type event" on Friday for the kids. Hopefully a few of you can make it before you go out on Friday - maybe it will be a good starting point for a cruise somewhere else. Anyways need to be there between 7 and 7:30 - should be over by 9. If you have the time the kids would really appreciate it. The opening of VBS was really cool as a few cars made it out - sadly none from here. Come on guys - it is a good cause!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be coming back from Vintage at Mid-Ohio, but I'll plan to bring the Lotus there Friday around 7 or 7:30 p.m. (And the kids can sit in the car for photos if they want.)http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/July%20cars/Lotusrightfront.jpg

.......just watch out for the dirty ones

The kids won't hurt it .... it's no show car. And the smudges and dirt will be a small price to pay for the enjoyment of helping make a kid's day.

I can't say that I can quote very many Bible verses, but Matthew 19:14 has always haunted my memory ..... I guess it's a message I need to keep reminding myself of. :)

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

are we going to meet up before we head over ?
I'll be coming from the north and will need to go to Delaware after the motorcycle races so that I can clean the bugs off the car and make sure the inside is clean. Since most people will be coming from Columbus, they may want to meet somewhere between Columbus and Lewis Center, but I won't be able to do that, since my time will prolly be a little tight.

Can't thank you enough! The turnout we had for the opening was pretty lame and the kids were so excited - would love to make their week with an awesome turnout.

If you guys want to meet up before we can meet up at the Meijer on 23 / Powell Road at 7.

Doc - that is a very gracious offer - your car will certainly be a hit and a highlight of the event.

Also - all cars are welcome. At the opening the kids were oooing and ahhing over a clean, stock PT Cruiser - sometimes we forget what it is like to be a kid - good opportunity to bring it back;-)

Am I the only one whose really excited about doin this? I just spent 3 and a half hours today after work Polishing the wheels, washing the engine bay and shining it, and waxing and buffing the car, just for the VBS.

I don't think the cars ever looked this good.