Local Mazda Owners Chime in please

TTQ B4U

not yet...but I'm close. hopefully I can get to Byers at lunch to get a better look at options and talk some pricing. hell, someone has to be the underdog type competitor to give you some crap :p

not sure how true things are, but from what I've read, they seem to respond well to some basic stuff. what I like most about it so far is the mid range delivery. she's FWD but has a nice limited slip. 1st is pretty short which will take getting used to. 2-4 this things scoots hard. even in 5-6 on the highway she passes with ease.

stock they are fun, but continued fun with it over time caused some heat soak issues. the top mount IC just doesn't seem well thought out on the MS3/MS6. COBB seems to have a pretty nice FMIC and it's a lot bigger too.

Should I go that route, I'll get a dyno stock, then do an intake and nice turbo back system. FMIC next.

I have thing for boost and miss it.

You went with the Mazda? You're dead to me! :lol:

FYI Vicki Eilers Sold me all four of my WRXs from there, she has taken care of me every time, even though she technically sells VWs. I only talk to her. She is awesome. Ask for her if you want. She will remember me, I pop in to say hi a lot.

Nice choice with the Speed!! I drive a regular 3 Hatch. As far as bolt ons are concerned Cobb is always good stuff. I suggest you going here ---> http://mazda3forums.com This has pretty much anything you could ever want to know on there. They have a large section devoted to the Speed. What time are you going to Byers (What's your salesguy's name)? That's where I got my 3. :):D

I went up there just now at lunch and drove it again. I also drove a new STi Hatch. The new STi has some serious attitude in terms of looks/profile in person. Black with black Chrome wheels looks bad ass.

Between the two, the STi has more power, but Honestly, it's not so much the power as it is the delivery. AWD is the way to deliver a turbo 4's power. Haven't driven a Neon SRT4 since the days of Bondurant when we drove them there years back, but the MS3 gives you that same "holy shit the power is through the front wheels only" "hang on" feeling. Even my V8 is pushing the limits on the GXP though. The MS3 mid range would give my GXP a run if not pull on it in the right zone.

I didn't flog it with my friend and sales person in the car, but I came out of first strong, spun into second, she grabbed on and took off, shifted early into third as it seems to flatten out at 6k vs 6,700 redline which is fine because there's zero dropoff in the 2-3 shift. I backed off shy of 1/2 way through 3rd with a smile on my face. Not sure if it's having a manual again or a turbo or both :D

The STi has a better clutch delivery / feel. Mazda definitely is picky about it's release point. If they put a Honda clutch in it, I'd no doubt have taken the afternoon off to buy it. STi is what I really want, but for the money I can't see it. To spend $31=$36k on an STi would put me in a completely different car as at that range I have other different things I'd put into my fucked up mix of choices.

I'm hoping to go back tonight and work a deal if I can. It's the last year for it, or so they are not telling the dealers. Two year runs is all they've done so far and the RX8 Turbo is rumored to be the Speed Version next year.

I'm on the Mazda3forums but haven't posted yet. Same with mazdaspeed forums, although I did my "oven" entry there :D

Bang for the buck though, I'd say there's not much that can beat the MS3 as of all my car driving today. It's not perfect, but nor many of the cars out there. It does have a bang for the buck factor though.

Honda ironically enough called me back today to work a deal on a clearance 08 Accord all decked out. Totally different car with a lot of features and good things going for it. However, it's hard to go from a I consider a slightly slutty hot chick in a bar to a classy take home to mom looker right now. I need more head :D

It's not relevant to anyone but me so I've not mentioned it, but value is my factor button here. Price isn't really a factor, but I can take the MS3 home without a car payment and not worry about things and that is a nice thing to have available. The STi.....would push my comfort factor on shelling out that much cash at one lump. Besides, does that 50% increase in money get me a similar return. On extreme days but not during 95% of my driving.

Nice choice with the Speed!! I drive a regular 3 Hatch. As far as bolt ons are concerned Cobb is always good stuff. I suggest you going here ---> http://mazda3forums.com This has pretty much anything you could ever want to know on there. They have a large section devoted to the Speed. What time are you going to Byers (What's your salesguy's name)? That's where I got my 3. :):D

I did. Love the interior. Definitely nice. Not raves better than the Mazda, but worth some money. Power wise, it needs mods. No doubt I'd have to throw the Intake, Flash and TBE on it to make it compete. Otherwise, it's just fun and decent for a stocker. I want more though.

Price wise is what killed it. I like my cars full boat and it was just over $30k....add in $2-3k for needed mods........well, you make the call from there. Otherwise, it's a nice ride. VW has the best 'overall balance' but it's not cheap....or at least the way I want it.

Overall, I drove a Civic Si for S&G's and can say that it has the best sound, best tranny and Honda Quality and resale...but it's too kid-like and sounds like teenage ape being raped to get any power out of it. Priced perfect....low 20's is cheap in todays market. Especially if you're looking to any style match with some decent go-quick fun.

Mazda.....I'm not loving the look, but then I don't 'love' my GXP either. That's okay. It's not bad and I like the look inside. I'm more of a fun-factor with some goodies kind of driver. She has plenty of that.

x2, did you test drive the GTI? Just wondering what you thought about it.

Cool. Between Auto Assets and IPS if I can get a few basic bolt ons done I'll be one happy camper. Now I just gotta put the deal together.

Thanks everyone!

just checked your other thread. I would put full faith in Matt/Auto Assets to handle you correctly with the MS3 as well.

Fair enough, sounds like you will be satisfied with the mazda, i bet they respond well to bolt-ons

It's not uncommon for Ms3's to gain 20+WHP from just an intake. ;)

-Edit-

If you do end up getting the Speed, I'll holler at 'ya if any MazMeets are coming up.

My friend has a MS6 that's a prototype car for CP-E(Custom Performance Engineering). They use his car to develope all the parts. I've driven it a few times and I must say it's about as good as it gets for a DD under $30k. I recommend CP-E parts for Mazdaspeed cars. They put so much effort into R&D and always produce top quality parts. I've been to their shop(full manufacturing shop with all kinds of crazy machines) a few times and they do some amazing stuff there.

Very cool. I'll be sure to check into them. I'll probably drive it stock for the first few months to get used to her and what not. I only put about 600-800 miles per month on a car if that.

Finally worked out a deal on the new car, now I just have to clean out the 1/2 of my garage and decide what I'm going to do with the GXP. I've had two calls on it so far, but if they don't act quickly I may just turn it in early.

My friend has a MS6 that's a prototype car for CP-E(Custom Performance Engineering). They use his car to develope all the parts. I've driven it a few times and I must say it's about as good as it gets for a DD under $30k. I recommend CP-E parts for Mazdaspeed cars. They put so much effort into R&D and always produce top quality parts. I've been to their shop(full manufacturing shop with all kinds of crazy machines) a few times and they do some amazing stuff there.

Nice find, but I've just never been a fan of the Mazda 6. I guess it's because I had a hell of a nice Accord that I would be comparing it to and couldn't......and with the GXP, I've beat down on plenty of them :p

The MS3 is smaller, but I can't help but love how toss-able it is even in stock form. I took the one I'm buying out again at lunch today and darn near made a 90 degree turn at speed and it felt like I was rotating a bar stool.

What about this? The same motor as the Speed3, but with AWD. Yum! It's almost new too...

Yeah, MS6(almost 3600lbs I think) is a pig compared to MS3. MS6 can be put on a diet pretty easily, though, and with just springs and shocks, it was very tossable. If you replace the hood and trunk with CF parts, and get aftermarket seats, I believe that gets rid of at least couple hundred of pounds. I'm going by what my friend(owner of that CP-E MS6) told me so correct me if I'm wrong. :)