Local Mazda Owners Chime in please

TTQ B4U

I was too. 303hp stock. Added a FWI and had a tune done but I'd like to have had more Torque Mgt. removed. Was definitely a nice bump after the tune/intake.

She's up for sale if you know anyone who's interested. :D

Believe it or not, the MS3 feels as if she'd pull on the GXP from a roll. Power band on her in 2nd and 3rd is so nice. The MS3 is a little ice skate too. I pulled some crazy as speeds around the post office off Nicholas Drive by the Fiesta HQ today....you know, the 90 degree curve. Took it like an ice skater with just a bit of tail wag if you lift the throttle :D

im impressed if the gxp ran that...whats it hp and weight?

It will take some getting used to. Small little bugger, but then the GXP's back seat wasn't very well designed...not for adults that's for sure. My kids have the same leg room as in the GXP. When they move to boosters vs car seats they'll have even more.

I just missed my S2000 and now I have a 5 passenger ride that handles nearly as well but delivers the power where I want it. 280ft/lbs at like 3,000rpm. Boost begins to be noticeable at 2,500 and runs through 6,000.

Crystal White Pearl......it's like the Diamond White that Caddy, Acura, etc. use.

Im glad you like the new ride...good choice with white.

I'm gonna bump this. I drive the N/a version of Tim's car the regular slow 3. :) Anyway, can anyone recommend I good shop that deals with NA 4 Bangers like mine? A place to look for bolt-ons and get advice and whatnot?

Leave the engine stock and do some suspension and brake mods. Go to auto-X and track days. It would most likely take a lot of money to improve the power of NA 4 banger. The best mod is driver. Get some experience under your belt, and see how you'd want to improve the car.

Leave the engine stock and do some suspension and brake mods. Go to auto-X and track days. It would most likely take a lot of money to improve the power of NA 4 banger. The best mod is driver. Get some experience under your belt, and see how you'd want to improve the car.

Agreed. Only thing I did for my 3 was a drop in K&N removed the intake resinator and grounded the Throttle body. If your going to do supsension I would say go with racing beat springs and swaybars. the springs only are a 1 inch drop but are 20% stiffer.

Thanks! My only complaint is other drivers. Especially young kids. I've always had Grand Prix's or larger sedans and hardly ever had a problem with young kids in imports buzzing around me. With the GXP I think just hearing a V8 put most of them off, outside an occasional boosted car that wanted to compare things....usually a VW GTI Or something.

However, last night when I was running a bunch of errands I must have encountered no less than 5-6 kids, even a car with two younger chicks that want to go :confused: One civic pulled up next to me with a shitty exhaust that was so loud it vibrated my mirrors :jerkit: Now it seems they all want to rev on me and roll back my clock like 20 years :rolleyes:

The only one I abliged was the kid in a newer style grey H.Accord V6 as I got on 270 from Tuttle. Sorry dude, you got the jump in 1st as you stayed inside, hung through part of 2nd, but 3rd kicked your ass and 4th waved you off :cool:

Even this morning a guy in an S2000 wanted to play....on my fucking way to work with my coffee in hand :gtfo:

I suppose I should expect that now. :o:(

nice mazda bud. welcome to the club! I purchased a 2004 winning blue Rx8 GT 6spd about a month ago. I love it

Agreed. Only thing I did for my 3 was a drop in K&N removed the intake resinator and grounded the Throttle body. If your going to do supsension I would say go with racing beat springs and swaybars. the springs only are a 1 inch drop but are 20% stiffer.

If I'm getting springs, they gotta be S-Techs or Sportlines! Swaybars are a good idea, I was thinking progress? I already grounded my TB, if I'm gonna bother removing my res. I'd prefer to go ahead and install an intake. Thanks for your opinions.

Thanks! My only complaint is other drivers. Especially young kids. I've always had Grand Prix's or larger sedans and hardly ever had a problem with young kids in imports buzzing around me. With the GXP I think just hearing a V8 put most of them off, outside an occasional boosted car that wanted to compare things....usually a VW GTI Or something.

However, last night when I was running a bunch of errands I must have encountered no less than 5-6 kids, even a car with two younger chicks that want to go :confused: One civic pulled up next to me with a shitty exhaust that was so loud it vibrated my mirrors :jerkit: Now it seems they all want to rev on me and roll back my clock like 20 years :rolleyes:

The only one I abliged was the kid in a newer style grey H.Accord V6 as I got on 270 from Tuttle. Sorry dude, you got the jump in 1st as you stayed inside, hung through part of 2nd, but 3rd kicked your ass and 4th waved you off :cool:

Even this morning a guy in an S2000 wanted to play....on my fucking way to work with my coffee in hand :gtfo:

I suppose I should expect that now. :o:(

---Double Post---

Lucky you! Nobody ever wants to foot race me. :(

intake and rear sway bar set up is where I'll likely go next. shift kit comes first.

If I'm getting springs, they gotta be S-Techs or Sportlines! Swaybars are a good idea, I was thinking progress? I already grounded my TB, if I'm gonna bother removing my res. I'd prefer to go ahead and install an intake. Thanks for your opinions.