C-bus rotary noob!

Guest mK4gls

Guest mK4gls
Hey guys, My name is Stephen. I know a bunch of people on CR so i figured i'd give it a shot. I just recently picked up a 91 Rx7 GXL, so thats what im workin on now and I know they can be a pain in the ass so shoot me whatever advice ya got! Thanks

You should come autocrossing with us, its pretty fun.

As for advice, there is always swapping the motor. About damn near everything has been swapped into the RX-7. Grand National V6 turbos, LS1's, Ford 5.0's and 2.3 turbos, another rotary...your options are pretty much endless in that regard.

If you want to make it handle better, Racing Beat sells a reasonably priced suspension kit.

Enjoy that car. I remember watching Josh build up his RX7 a few years ago, and that thing was very very mean. Take your time with it. I've seen an LS1 swap RX7 up North and I was shocked at is power. Good luck with it.
  • Confused 1

Enjoy that car. I remember watching Josh build up his RX7 a few years ago, and that thing was very very mean. Take your time with it. I've seen an LS1 swap RX7 up North and I was shocked at is power. Good luck with it.

Kinda out there but was it a dark green FD? If so that was my friend ryan, he used to take it to autox all the time, then he just kinda stopped showin up at parties and such.

What it is. I wanna see this S5, finally someone else has a rotary. Take the cats off ASAP. I got 26mpg in my GSL-SE, and you actually have four small injectors compared to my two bigass ones. I'll pm you my number, I might take my seven out tommorrow night.

Also, feel free to stop by Defined Autoworks anytime. I am sure one of us will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have about your car and ANY potential swaps. Check sig for info.

Jackson

Guest mK4gls

well heres what the car already had on it when i got it:

- Tein Springs w/ KYB shocks

- Magnaflow single exit straight pipe (dumbass that had it before tore it up on speedbumbs so it leaks)

- the stock s5 rims painted black

- The passenger side needs some bodywork

- Previous owner also claims the motor was rebuilt