Boost Controller Questions

Fubar231

I would mount it in the engine bay. Two of my friends (one evo, one honda) had the MBC mounted in the cabin, and it was ungodly loud and rather unbarable. Granted, this was at least 4 years ago, so who knows if the technology has changed or what not to make it quiet. Good luck.

Jackson

I had a HPMBC on my talon and found that the shortest lines (within reason) provided great results with regard to boost spike and steady performance.

The only possible downside that I could see with long lines would be possible boost spike due to delayed pressure to the wastegate.

I had a HPMBC on my talon and found that the shortest lines (within reason) provided great results with regard to boost spike and steady performance.

The only possible downside that I could see with long lines would be possible boost spike due to delayed pressure to the wastegate.

True, longer lines = more spike and in a twin turbo setup if the vacuum lines coming from the wastegates are different lengths spiking is also more likely to happen

Manual boost controllers work, but they suck. An EBC is worth every penny. Electronic boost controllers give you not only the flexibility to adjust your boost on the fly, but allow you to controll spool and spiking.

Controlling spool can be a traction control of sorts if you are at the power level that has traction issues. By dialing the gain down, you can spool slower to allow you to roll into full boost without breaking traction. This also prevents spiking as well.

Many EBCs can also be used as a switch for "spool up" Nitrous shots.

I had a ProfecB spec II and absolutely loved it.

Well i would buy a EBC but im not trying to drop half a stack on a boost controller lol. Im probably just going to mount the MBC on the passenger side of the car, probly around the strut tower.

Also i heard, with MBCs, you can efficently control your boost more. With EBC's they just dial in like 12-12.1-12.2 etc or whatever, but i have been told with MBC's you will have a much more fine tuning area when it comes to boost.

http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.com/order.html

The evolution kit uses a cable to raise boost from the cabin,instead of running vacuum lines.If you were buying from the manufacturer it's only 30 more then the turboxs hpbc (you can find better prices on the hallman from other places) My hallman pro was only 80ish shipped new and holds a rock solid 20 psi. I will eventually get my ecu ebc setup and let it control my boost levels.

There is a HUGE difference in manual boost controllers. I've had many different ones, from homemade to "store bought". I've had a couple that were as good as the ebc's at holding boost, at keeping the wg closed until full boost, decreasing lag, etc. Of course, nothing beats the convenience and total controlability of an ebc (depending on what you get) once installed.