Plane Crew

zeitgeist57

I saw one (or something similar) landing on Buckeye Lake about a month ago. I'd rather have an aerobatic airplane like a Pitts Special though. The FAA actually just changed the regulation on medicals extending their valid time if you are under the age of 40. It should help with the cost of flying, especially with AvGas around 6 bucks a gallon. How far along are you in getting your private?

I saw one (or something similar) landing on Buckeye Lake about a month ago. I'd rather have an aerobatic airplane like a Pitts Special though. The FAA actually just changed the regulation on medicals extending their valid time if you are under the age of 40. It should help with the cost of flying, especially with AvGas around 6 bucks a gallon. How far along are you in getting your private?

this plane is $135,000 and can run on auto gas or av gas 20gal tank,Orders can be taken now but will not be delivered until late 2010.

this plane is $135,000 and can run on auto gas or av gas 20gal tank,Orders can be taken now but will not be delivered until late 2010.

It still is kind of expensive for a light sport aircraft. Most are below $100,000, fly faster and go farther. Were you able find how many gallons per hour it burns?

It looks like a cool idea. I would rather buy a Cessna etc. These newer craft need to be proven for awhile before I would buy one. Plus a used Cessna 172 will cost you about 50k for a nice one.

Oblique, I've only got 11hrs out of my 40...and it was all in Naples (moved back to Columbus from there this past April). I haven't picked it back up.

I certainly understand arguments regarding LSA's or used Cessnas being cheaper, but I'm amazed at the versatility of this plane...Land/Sea launches...ballistic parachute...foldable wings...Less than $150k new??? Not a bad all-around airship!

I've talked about going for my pilot's license.

As a pilot to be do you play MS FLight sim? I know a few pilots who do small 2 seaters and they tell me how they love to play MS Flight sim and how far it's came.

My uncle has worked on planes since WWII. He also started whatever aviation program(s) that CSCC has. If you have any questions on planes, I can forward them to him.

As a pilot to be do you play MS FLight sim? I know a few pilots who do small 2 seaters and they tell me how they love to play MS Flight sim and how far it's came.

I play MS FlightSim X...it's an awesome game, but you lose the "feeling" of being in the airplane. When truly flying, you can feel EVERYTHING, from g-force effects on every axis to vibrations to force feedback from the controls. This makes you aware of what's going on around you without having to look at the instruments...i.e, you can feel yourself going into a stall before the "STALL WARNING" light comes on.

FlightSim is great practice, but I would get and read a FAR/AIM, or buy one of the Sporty's/King DVD courses to get prepared for real flying.

I play MS FlightSim X...it's an awesome game, but you lose the "feeling" of being in the airplane. When truly flying, you can feel EVERYTHING, from g-force effects on every axis to vibrations to force feedback from the controls. This makes you aware of what's going on around you without having to look at the instruments...i.e, you can feel yourself going into a stall before the "STALL WARNING" light comes on.

FlightSim is great practice, but I would get and read a FAR/AIM, or buy one of the Sporty's/King DVD courses to get prepared for real flying.

I have the sportys here at my house.. It is a great way to get your ground school out of they way.

My brother plays a ton of flightsim. He has 10 but plays 9 because of some online thing that doesnt work for 10 yet.

Yeah, hes training to be a pilot.

Fuck all yall, I got to take a ride in one of these when my dad was still in the AF out at Williams AF Base in Phoenix AZ, early early 90s. I got to fly a couple of maneuvers and then the pilot passed me out on a couple of high G turns, but I kept my lunch so I counted that as a win.

T-38

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/T-38.jpg

I have flown many times in my dad's Cherokee, in Phoenix out at Falcon Field. It is fun and I would love to get my license, but it's an expensive hobby and if you think car racing is expensive.........

Fuck all yall, I got to take a ride in one of these when my dad was still in the AF out at Williams AF Base in Phoenix AZ, early early 90s. I got to fly a couple of maneuvers and then the pilot passed me out on a couple of high G turns, but I kept my lunch so I counted that as a win.

T-38

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/T-38.jpg

I have flown many times in my dad's Cherokee, in Phoenix out at Falcon Field. It is fun and I would love to get my license, but it's an expensive hobby and if you think car racing is expensive.........

The ATG Javelin I posted above will eventually be replacing those as the military's jet-powered trainer.

This is what I hope to be flying one day, but luckily I wont have to pay for it ;)

http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0508/08/b2-bomber.jpg

Austin, I haven't heard anything about the javelin replacing the T-38s, especially since we're still trying to pay for F-22s, F-35s, the new tankers, and bought a bunch of new T-6s a couple years ago. Where'd you hear that from?

That amphib looks pretty sweet.

I don't own a plane, but I fly one of these 3-4 days a week.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/4/5/4/1197454.jpg

Office

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/1/5/6/0768651.jpg