For the CR Hillbilies

XChris1632X

Trust me...I'm relaxed as it gets;)

If it sounded sarcastic, I didn't see if, and neither did a few other people...maybe you shouldn't be sarcastic until you master that fine art;)

Thank you for the clarification though:rolleyes:

Also, as tome claiming I have a "bunch of power," I have quit guessing how much power my truck makes...it never makes what I think it should...but that is about to change. Parts are in place for 600+...nothing stock but the shortblock, and a lot of tuning has went into it. We'll see how it does...if it disappoints, I'll do what I always do...keep tuning until it suits me!

I stand by my previous statements:D

Chris

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I never quoted any specific numbers and I was being very sarcastic with what I wrote. Sorry I forgot to use a fucking smiley face or state that I was exagerating. Anyone one that knows me will vouch for that fact that I don't think my truck is all that powerfull, on its way to getting there maybe, but not yet. I don't claim to have very much power because I know I don't and so do people like you who know what they are talking about. All I was sarcastically trying to say was that the numbers he quoted are not crazy high numbers or really all that impressive in the world of highly powerfull diesel trucks. Sorry for any confusion and just for the record so that no one else gets all worked up over another dumb post, for clarification to all my truck is nothing special and I will never try to pass it of to be and is nothing to compare against a highly modified truck.:rolleyes:

And as for the 12v comment I was speaking in regards to a stock to slightly moddified truck. Most people in this thread prob have way more interaction with that type of truck compared to a trailor queen 12v that has been totally worked. I know all vp trucks have their limitations and I do know that most of the biggest hp number trucks happen to be 12v's. I do not know as much about 12ers as I would like to but I am starting to learn more. One day I would like to own one and it would be my pick if I was going to build an all out pulling truck. You my friend need to relax.

So now you take back what up said because there are people on here that actually know something about a diesel.LOL. There are plenty of fast 12v's that are not trailer queens. Guess what it takes, tuning!!!!

By the way mustangs are slow!!LOL

I am not taking back anything. I said it but in different terms, I am not claiming my truck to be anything special. I know it isn't even on the charts of anything impressive compared to a good number of trucks around this area. My truck isn't even that far from stock. I am fully aware of the fact that there are people on this board who know a lot more about diesel trucks than I do and I have also seen the two of you post here. I have talked to quite a few people about diesels on this board, but whatever. And yes I am aware of plenty of fast 12v that aren't trailor queens, I just don't encounter them as much. The majority of the ones I see the people could care less about driving on the street.

Trust me...I'm relaxed as it gets;)

If it sounded sarcastic, I didn't see if, and neither did a few other people...maybe you shouldn't be sarcastic until you master that fine art;)

Thank you for the clarification though:rolleyes:

Also, as tome claiming I have a "bunch of power," I have quit guessing how much power my truck makes...it never makes what I think it should...but that is about to change. Parts are in place for 600+...nothing stock but the shortblock, and a lot of tuning has went into it. We'll see how it does...if it disappoints, I'll do what I always do...keep tuning until it suits me!

I stand by my previous statements:D

Chris

Best wishes on your build, hopefully one day I will be in near reach for the same goal. Hopefully yours will impress you this time and I definatly would like to be able to see it in person one day when it is done. As for the previous statements hopefully you realize that I am not anything like the kind of people who buy a diesel truck and start throwing parts at it just to later add up the numbers of what the boxes say they are and call that my Hp numbers, nor do I quote that I have high numbers just to impress other people who aren't as familiar with diesel trucks.

I drive it.. it breaks,

Did you guys have any luck with the Duramax you were getting ready to pull?

Yeah I have a tune on it and the trans just refuses to hold. I have the DSP5 switch installed but haven't had 2 seconds to load the DSP tune on. I guess when we were installing the wires into the harness we grounded it out and popped the PCM fuse and I couldn't see it in the dark. At the same time it fried the door and alert chimer in the dash that the radio also runs through so I bypassed that to get the radio working again. ATS will be on its way shortly for it. The GMC that my other buddy has is doing alright. That was the one that Kyle Michaels did and he added a suncoast trans to it. It impressed me but I think it would do alot better if we got rid of the tunes Kyle put in there. I think I have some tunes plenty stronger than what his step 5 tune is. I deffinatly didnt expect my truck to outpull his but it did so we have some work to do on the GMC. Soon hopefully I will have a different charger and a different converter on mine and we can work some things out on both of the Duramax's and we can try them all again and see what we come up with.

Best wishes on your build, hopefully one day I will be in near reach for the same goal. Hopefully yours will impress you this time and I definatly would like to be able to see it in person one day when it is done. As for the previous statements hopefully you realize that I am not anything like the kind of people who buy a diesel truck and start throwing parts at it just to later add up the numbers of what the boxes say they are and call that my Hp numbers, nor do I quote that I have high numbers just to impress other people who aren't as familiar with diesel trucks.

my daily driver has like 420hp and 775ft/Ibs but only runs like a strong 15 sec time but it also weights like 8,000 pounds.

^^^OK slate clean, I will relax.LOL

Scotty2hottie it will fit in a 1500.

Scotty2Hotty, I had drill last weekend so I am happy to be free for this one. If you do end up going down there let me know. I really would like to pull again in this one but my truck needs a whole lot done to it still and I am hanging on by a thread from not breaking a couple things. Plus running with a stock turbo is killing me and its not that smart, I just have so much to do to it still. I need to decide what turbo I am going with and just do it already.

^^^OK slate clean, I will relax.LOL

Actually regardless of those numbers I wouldn't be able to put half of that power down with my stock turbo because it gets too hot too quick. I think I might have been faster without the injectors because I didn't have to let my foot off the throttle after 10 seconds in it. I also will not claim my truck to be fast at this point either. The fact that a stock 5.3L 1500 can pretty much keep up with me dissapoints me quite often actually. Matter of fact I'll go ahead and throw it out there, my truck is borderline piece of shit right now. The winter killed my rims, my lift, and my paint. I am not putting new tires on yet because I am waiting to decide on what to do about my lift and might be going with a different size so I am living with shit bald tires right now. My truck is stripped and awaiting me to have time to paint it, and I still need to fix all of the little bullshit things that add up to make it look and feel shitty. I have yet to even name the modifications I still need to do to get it to run, drive, and pull the way I one day hope for it to do.

What turbo is it. I am hot right now for a new one but to tell you the truth I am uncertain about what direction I want to go with a convertor. I definatly dont want to buy a turbo just to get a stall later that don't match and not be able to get my shit to light until 100ft down the track.

Scotty2Hotty, I had drill last weekend so I am happy to be free for this one. If you do end up going down there let me know. I really would like to pull again in this one but my truck needs a whole lot done to it still and I am hanging on by a thread from not breaking a couple things. Plus running with a stock turbo is killing me and its not that smart, I just have so much to do to it still. I need to decide what turbo I am going with and just do it already.

I'ma try to get there, I'll let you know. I'm awaiting a bumper and a hitch or I could tow ya if you break :p J/K I'll see if I can squirt my way out of doing anything, and bounce early like I normally do.

I've been taking measurements on my 1500 Ram to see if something fits or not :nod:

1500 Ram huh...you mean something like a backhalfed, ladder bar/coilover setup, roll cage, short bed, 6000RPM capable, 100psi+ boost fire breathing Cummins.

Yeah, coming soon when I get the parts together...truck is here, backhalf in the barn, and enough parts to build the engine. Waiting on time to put it together!

Thanks...glad we got that straight. Now buy that turbo from Slowdiesel and get to it!

Chris