Supercharged 06 Viper built and tuned by IPS

Brandon

Have to respect a man that owns a near 700whp car and still has a sense of humor.

Edit - YIKES, using a 'FCU' and re-labeled split second piggy back on the price tag of 8-9 grand? :eek:

That is paxtons' doing ;)

Wouldn't the X scale "move" in relation to the Y scales then? Shouldn't the X scale 5252 move along with where HP/TQ cross, no matter how the Y scales are scaled? That's what I meant by X scale shouldn't be affected, as that point should move in relation to where it crosses, no matter what the Yscales.

Huh?

Here's what I'm saying in picture form. They 'cross', just not on this graph, due to the way it's plotted.

http://i38.tinypic.com/14wqc5i.jpg

EDITED: I see what you mean now. Disregard the rest. I was confusing maxHP and maxTQ with what takes place at 5252.

But, If there are two different Yscales, it's going to affect where the physical location of the "cross" point on the graph will be. Now, knowing that, the Xscale will shift, and scale itself to show 5252 directly below the cross point, no?

You say that at 5252rpm, the car makes 600HP/600TQ. That doesn't seem logical. That would mean every car every dynoed would be 600/600, or 500/500, or 601/601 when it crossed at 5252rpm. That simply isn't what happens though.

I'm just trying to understand the graph is all.

Mallard said it better than I could. HP is a factor of TQ. IIRC, dynos measure torque, and calculate HP from that.

HP = TQ x RPM / 5252

Now, I can't remember exactly why the magical number is 5252, but I Googled it at some point, but have forgotten since.

HP and TQ are always the same at 5252. Always.