5.8 Earthquake in LA

SpaceGhost

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/29/earthquake.ca/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A magnitude-5.8 earthquake has struck just east of Los Angeles, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The quake's epicenter was about 2 miles southwest of Chino Hills and about 5 miles southeast of Diamond Bar, the USGS said. Chino Hills is about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. The center was about 7.6 miles deep. In general, earthquakes centered closer to the Earth's surface produce stronger shaking and can cause more damage than those further underground. A 5.8 magnitude quake is considered by the USGS to be "moderate," which can cause slight damage to buildings and others structures. About 500 can happen globally each year, the survey says. CNN's Ed Lavandera was at Disneyland with his family and felt the temblor. He said the shaking lasted about 5 seconds.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its great they had one too cause every time something happens there our warehouse closes cause our main server is there so we cant do anything, i got off at 1. Made my day a whole lot better

:confused:, Quake didn't happen untill 2:40ish EDT 11:40ish PDT......

Your avatar is appropriate for this thread :p

well shit then their network admins just suck ass. i read this when i got home and figured that is what happened but i guess not oh well either way i got off early cause our servers died

...Why dont you like California?

It's a complete failure at pretty much everything. The only thing I like about California is, it takes a lot of the failures away from here.

You're the one who threw his opinion out there, answer my question before posing your own.

I already answered the question. Answer mine instead of dodging because you didn't like the answer I gave.

Okay so... making an incredibly broad, stupid statement now qualifies as an answer?

...Oh, wait. I forgot that I was posting on CR.

You asked why I hate California. My answer is that they (being the population that makes up the state) fail at pretty much everything. If you wanted to know more about my answer, you would be required to start a new line of questioning.

Care to tell me why I shouldn't hate California?