Import Guys ?

thorne

Are you into old muscle or any other sports car? If i'm out at a car show and I see a WRX and A Muscle car I'm checking them both out. I will even admire the properly done up system on a car. (Not I tossed 2 10s in my trunk).

I Just love cars.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both....I can appreciate old school and new school. I tend to daydream more about the 60-70-80's cars more just because either my brothers, or cousins had a car from teh 60-70's and me...there were several even from the 80's that bring back memories.

Contrast that, I also enjoy the latest import muscle that's out there. Not so much the wild and useless shit, but street-able and enjoyable cars meant for the road....yeah....I like them.

Are you into old muscle or any other sports car? If i'm out at a car show and I see a WRX and A Muscle car I'm checking them both out. I will even admire the properly done up system on a car. (Not I tossed 2 10s in my trunk).

I Just love cars.

I'm partial toward imports, classic one mostly. I enjoy American muscle cars, but there is just something about them that turns me off to ever buying one. If I were to, I would probably have to go Corvette.

I do love import hybrids, though. Nothing like a 2300lb S30 with an LS1 in it.

Guest 614Streets

The only cars Im really into are small tub pro street , ratts , and especially leaf spring cars that run on the very edge of being street legal and anything with a 71 series Jimmy , well done quiet cruisers are nice to look at esp done right with a/c.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/186524120_2f4a4ddf64.jpg

Not a fan of Imported cars , low riders.

I drool over pictures of things like twin screwcharged 455 buick stage 1's

This car is digusting and very little can top this kind of car right here.

http://www.buickstreet.com/images/forum/twin-blown-gsx-car.jpg

Basically if it doesnt have a roots or nice screw blower I could care less.

I have an appreciation for cars.. none of this Domestic vs. Import B.S.

I'm just very partial to Toyotas.. nobody can tell me they don't make great cars for what they are.

But they're an eeeevvviiiilllll company. :cool:

I have an appreciation for cars.. none of this Domestic vs. Import B.S.

I'm just very partial to Toyotas.. nobody can tell me they don't make great cars for what they are.

They don't make great cars for what they are.

Import wise, I tend to like Japanese much less than European stuff overall.

The Toyota brand in the US (not Lexus) hasn't made what I'd call a cool car this century. ALL of the mainstream Japanese and European car companies selling in the US have done so. Yet sadly, Toyota is doing great...IMO, they should be flopping right now more than any other company.

I don't give two shits about a Camry, nor have any desire to ever own one.

I'm equally impressed if a small cube V8 rips off a 10 or over 550RWHP as I am seeing an import do the same. Ignorance plauged the automotive world for a second, but I think knowledge has been spread around on both sides. One thing I do have to say, is the American Muscle will always be around, where as the honda fad died off. I always have been and always will be partial to a big cammed, huge tired, snarling V8 spewing a race gas aroma. Imports just can't give me an erection like a muscle car can.

Import wise, I tend to like Japanese much less than European stuff overall.

The Toyota brand in the US (not Lexus) hasn't made what I'd call a cool car this century. ALL of the mainstream Japanese and European car companies selling in the US have done so. Yet sadly, Toyota is doing great...IMO, they should be flopping right now more than any other company.

I don't give two shits about a Camry, nor have any desire to ever own one.

I can agree with you.. Toyota hasn't had a, "cool" car this century. But what they are doing, they do very well. The american market and demands a safe family car with known reliability and good gas mileage and this is what they gave us.

BUT, looking into the past.. see where they've also been. Heck, look at the Supra.. Iconic every way you look at it. Look at other engine platforms Toyota has designed in conjunction with Yamaha... all of them fantastic if you ask me.

Toyota IMO moves positively with the market, never stagnant and always looking to better themselves any way possible.

Define imports.

Generally refers to any car made by a traditionally foreign-run company.

And BTW, I think Hondas are OK, but not something I'd want, and I actively dislike Toyota. Soulless little boxes...

Oh, and I HATE Ford. No offense Ford guys, but my 90 Taurus was the last Ford I will ever own. 3 transaxles in a year is a bit much...A flagship car should be better than that.

So, I guess you can say I don't favor one side or the other in the domestic/import thing, other than the fact that I am a GM guy to the core.

I can agree with you.. Toyota hasn't had a, "cool" car this century. But what they are doing, they do very well.

What they do well is sell the same, boring cars many other car companys offer. Honda offers reliable cars too, things that compete directly, for the same money. But at least they have a few cars worth considering to buy (not that I'm a fan of Honda's selection, but far better than Toyotas car selection).

Toyota is fine on the truck/SUV side...too bad no one wants them anymore.

while I'm naturally drawn to cars that speak to similar styles that I like (track/handling) I can appreciate just about anything that's done well.

I am and always will be a fan of Euro cars, but also love Japanese....as you can tell by my vehicle choices :)

American car wise, I love pro-touring stuff where they take old muscle and make it handle. I also love rat rods though, and can appreciate stuff like old gassers.

even on newer American cars it's hard to deny how much I like borrowing my buddy's C5Z...it does everything so well. Griggs is making mustangs track beasts these days too.

I love American and Import... I just hate when American drivers talk shit about Imports when they know nothing about them or when a Import driver talks shit about American cars saying they are too heavy or something else dumb. Just my thoughts and oppinions.

But..... they are too heavy. look at the challenger and the new camaro.