Looking for a FWD Dyno.

Tripleskate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GMoney
Going to slo mo is funny because there dyno does not generate enough load. look at any graph they ever post and compare it to the same car and setup on a Load bearing dyno. It also will give you a inflated number.

No offense to slo mo as in from what I know there nice guys. I just don't care for Dynopaks.

I'm anxious to try out the Mustang Dyno. I hear they generate even more load.

You couldn't be more wrong. Dynapack and mustang dynos are load dynos. Most other dynos are inertia dynos.

CR member pricing is $65 for three pulls. I had a vehicle dynod for us at Slo Mo before we bought our dyno and all of their guys were great. They were very friendly and helpful and I am sure you would be in good hands. Dyno Brian and Howard also used to bring their mobile dyno to our customer appreciation days a couple of years back and they were always very nice to work with. I have no experience with IPS but it looks like they could help you as well. Of course we would love to help you in any way we can as well but you really have alot of options that are good options. One benefit we would have is that ours is load bearing and allows you to keep the wheels on at the same time. To some people that is important, to some it is not. You just need to decide who will fit your needs the best and go with that.

mustang dyno is going to give you a lower # than a dynojet will. when i dyno'd on a mustang dyno, no one wanted to accept my #s because the norm was to go by a dynojet. id go to dynotune if i were you. you're car wont make much anyways...why make it seem lower on a mustang?

whatever you do though, dyno before/after at the same place. dont go start on a mustang dyno and then do an after on a dynojet

mustang dyno is going to give you a lower # than a dynojet will. when i dyno'd on a mustang dyno, no one wanted to accept my #s because the norm was to go by a dynojet. id go to dynotune if i were you. you're car wont make much anyways...why make it seem lower on a mustang?

whatever you do though, dyno before/after at the same place. dont go start on a mustang dyno and then do an after on a dynojet

Your car could turn the rollers ?

Use Brian. He has been doing it way longer than most of the others around here, and WILL take care of your car.

For those of you that missed it I posted telling him "Thanks for stopping by" back on the first page. I am pretty sure he doesn't need any further recommendation's :)

Jeff

How much for a few pulls at IPS? I've been thinking about seeing just how old and tired my miata motor is, but there is no need for any tuning and such at this point. Soooo... cheapest place gets my business. Everyone can now fight over me. Ready....... go!

As the title implies, I was wondering if someone knows where I can have my car dyno'd? I want to get a baseline before I start changing anything (I'm an over analyzing numbers nerd :p). Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

No FWD dynos exist around your area. They are all RWD only.

:gtfo:

There are no FWD dyno's around here.. Only AWD and RWD. Such a shame, the last guy had to drive to Cali.

So who does INTENSE motorsports use...they mainly did Grand Prixs until this year when they started G8s

So who does INTENSE motorsports use...they mainly did Grand Prixs until this year when they started G8s

They used Dyno Brian (Dyno Tune Motorsports). He worked for them, but he has since quit and I'm not sure on there current situation or have worked out.