FS 4'-5' Boa Constrictor

LPFSTheFett

It's my sons snake and he is kind of over it. I'd keep it myself, but I already have enough hobbies I have to keep up on.

$120 gets the snake and 20g aquarium with solid lid. It's also a Female Het 2 or whatever it is. Basically doesn't have any black around the circles.

Snake has a decent tempermant and has never struck at anybody. When we take it out, we always go through the same routine. Snake is usually pretty active at first when handling, then calms down. However, I'd recommend she gets handled more often then what we do. Not saying she wont bite just saying she's never bitten us, and both my kids (8 and 7) have handled the snake themselves.

Will make a great pet for someone!!

Jason

she is certainly an eater. I feed her Medium size rats every 5 days or so. You could easily get her to weekly depending on how big you want her to get. She can handle a large rat at this point, but for the snakes safety(I generally feed live) I stick to medium rats. However will note, a rat has never lasted longer then 30 seconds before she's killed it.

I also have like 5 frozen rats that go with her as well. She perfers live, but has eaten frozen. The nice thing about frozen, seems like you don't have to feed her as often!

Jason

s that go with her as well. She perfers live, but has eaten frozen. The nice thing about frozen, seems like you don't have to feed her as often!

probably because w/o the warmth of a live rat, her body temp drops from eating and digesting. love those cold blooded animals.

talked it over with the roomies and I think the girl I live with would strangle me. good luck selling her though

I would feed them frozen just for the safety of the snake. A large frozen rat every week would suffice her. looks like a common boa. Also i think it is time to upgrade to a bigger tank. She looks like she needs a bigger tank, atleast a 40g, a therometer to make sure the temp is alright.

Did you keep the light on constantly or do night and day?

I leave the light on 24/7 for heat. I had a thermometer in the aquarium and the temps were right about 78-80 degrees.

I couldn't agree more that frozen is best for the animal. Less risk of parisites, or injury to the snake..

Anthony - Kinda busy today, but I'll get ahold of you tomorrow.