FS: 2004 Jetta GLI

TURBOED

I'm not 100% sure I want to sell, but I test drove an 06 civic si last weekend, and will probably pick one up if someone is interested in the jetta. To be honest, I love this car and have nothing negative to say whatsoever. Only real reason for selling is out of boredom.

Details/The Good:

Car is 98% stock. It has k&n filter, and I installed an R32 shifter (about 20% shorter than stock, nothing major). I've had it for about a year and a half, and have put about 20k miles on it (bought it with 39k, it now has just over 59,000)

I get a solid 32+ mpg on longer highway trips, and usually see around 28mpg mixed driving over a whole tank.

Highlights of the stock GLI package:

- 12.3 inch front rotors, 10 inch rear vented rotors, red powder-coated calipers (all from Audi TT)

- Eibach springs that are 20% stiffer than stock, 23mm RSB, 21 FSB, gas charged Monroe shocks, metal/rubber rear bushings, 30mm drop

- 18" BBS RC wheels

- votex aero package

- Recaro seats

- Instrument cluster with MID

- aluminum pedals

- brushed aluminim on dash

The bad:

- I am the second owner (was a lease vehicle previously). First owner had a very minor fender bender on the front right corner (as I found on the carfax). I checked everything very thuroughly, and it was fixed perfectly, and must have been very very minor.

- Wheels have some wear and tear. They aren't in bad shape, but aren't perfect.

- It has 60k miles, so rock chips, etc, are inevitable. There is also one decent size ding on the driver's side passenger door from someone who decided they could not control their own car door

- I did run the car at a few autocross events last year. Because of that, the tires apparently were scrubbed in some wierd way, and are kind of loud. Plenty of tread left, and wear is even, they are just loud.

The car has been a great DD for the past year and a half (I bought it feb of 07), just looking for something different. There aren't many of these cars out there, and dealers ask insane prices (usually around $18k). I'll ask $15,000, and am pretty firm on that. Title is in hand. Questions, you can contact me on here, or email (schafer.jerry@gmail.com).

Here are a few pics. Exterior shots are mine. Interior shots are not actually my car (I can take actual pictures tonight), but mine is exactly the same, and 100% perfect. Anyway, here they are:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/jetta001.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/KTV_5545sm.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/untitledjpg.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/7854158842_248056569_IM1_05_565x421.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/7854158844_248056569_IM1_07_565x421.jpg

You're going to regret selling your VW.. the Torque won me over.

That's also something I've been wrestling with in my head. The loved the fact that the si didn't fall on it's face at high rpms like the vw does... but conversely, 25% throttle at 2.5k rpm in the si is useless, while the jetta accelerates nicely. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure I want to sell, but I threw it on a couple boards to see what might happen...

:ninja: "Come to the darkside young Skywalker".....from a roll this little bugger will pass into triple digits without a flinch. No need to worry about downshifting or winding her out either. Even in 6th on the highway, there's no issues leaving her in that gear to pass a line of cars or fend off the occasional fly-by guy. ;)

That's also something I've been wrestling with in my head. The loved the fact that the si didn't fall on it's face at high rpms like the vw does... but conversely, 25% throttle at 2.5k rpm in the si is useless, while the jetta accelerates nicely. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure I want to sell, but I threw it on a couple boards to see what might happen...

:ninja: "Come to the darkside young Skywalker".....from a roll this little bugger will pass into triple digits without a flinch. No need to worry about downshifting or winding her out either. Even in 6th on the highway, there's no issues leaving her in that gear to pass a line of cars or fend off the occasional fly-by guy. ;)

Sorry to get this thread off topic, but a friendly 40-roll would be fun against you in my MKIV :)

BUMP for a great car being sold.

I've heard of but am not familiar with the 337....a good friend of mine, Jason Zatrock, would have to fill me in. You may know Z....he's been around the VW scene for a while. Nice R32 and an older GTI that's sweet.

Sorry to get this thread off topic, but a friendly 40-roll would be fun against you in my MKIV :)

BUMP for a great car being sold.