I need a hand with these codes

XChris1632X

My dads 2000 dakota started throwing codes a couple months ago and has started to run like shit. I have a code reader that gave me these results.

P0455

Evap emmission leak Detected (Gross Leak with no flow)

P0442

Evap emmission leak Detected(Small Leak)

What should I be looking for with these?

I'll take a look in the morning. Every once in a while the truck stalls out going up a hill really slowly but other than that it wasn't running any differently until recently. Now it idles high on startup and just feels like it is almost missing. It is however getting better fuel miliage than ever though.

Guest Removed

on those with a good scan tool you can run the evap test after you think you fixxed it and see.

more then likely the cap or the hose when the hose goes it throws the 455

on those with a good scan tool you can run the evap test after you think you fixxed it and see.

more then likely the cap or the hose when the hose goes it throws the 455

To tell you the truth I havent had enough time with my scanner to see what all it does. It is one of the cheaper blue points. I think around $300. It does have green, yellow, and red lights on it to let you know the severity of emission codes. (at least I think thats what I read)

Guest Removed
I checked the "black orb of power" box didn't find any hoses cracked or broke coming to it or the one going out to the tank.

the one coming out of the top? the hose bends sharply coming off the top towards the cab. otherwise your going to have to smoke the system to find the leak. let me know if you would like me to take a look at it ;)