New Blue Battlewagon

williaty

So, what are the red things inside your grille? And be aware that if you answer that they are external speakers, a PA, or any type of musical or programmable horn, I will give you neg rep...

Other than that, nice ride, points for getting it dirty.

So, what are the red things inside your grille? And be aware that if you answer that they are external speakers, a PA, or any type of musical or programmable horn, I will give you neg rep...

Other than that, nice ride, points for getting it dirty.

They're just a straight-up super-loud horn. They draw 18 amps at 13.8 volts and produce 118dB. I have yet to have a single luxury SUV driving, cellphone yapping, latte drinking soccer mom fail to have the shit scared out of her since I installed them. :D

• Upvote 1

They're just a straight-up super-loud horn. They draw 18 amps at 13.8 volts and produce 118dB. I have yet to have a single luxury SUV driving, cellphone yapping, latte drinking soccer mom fail to have the shit scared out of her since I installed them. :D

I may have to think about getting some of those to add to the stock horns on the Buick...I was just concerned that they might be one of those damned PAs that used to be the thing with the local hillbilly-wannabes...

+rep for adding to soccer-mom stress levels.:D

I may have to think about getting some of those to add to the stock horns on the Buick...I was just concerned that they might be one of those damned PAs that used to be the thing with the local hillbilly-wannabes...

+rep for adding to soccer-mom stress levels.:D

They're pretty fun. They don't have the balls of, say, a 50's American land yacht, but they are loud. The note is still just a little ricey (though WAY better than an average Japanese horn) even if it is Hella loud.

Dude, you don't want me on a 1/4. I'll take one run and be so slow no one else manages to get on the track the whole day.
Don't count on that! It's my first time at the track and I've got a car that won't entirely disengage its traction control, so it brakes any wheel that begins to lose grip ...... you figure I'll have a fast run down the track? :)

I'm in Delaware too, so if you change your mind and want to drive down Sunday, PM me and we'll meet up.

OK, it's a 3,000lb car with about 90-95HP (guessing from 170-ish at the crank minus AWD drivetrain losses) at the wheels. I get to watch glaciers out-accelerate me (though I can corner WAAAY better than a glacier). Seriously, Thorne and Draco have both driven behind me for extended lengths of time, they can vouch for how slow I am to accelerate! I'm pretty hard to keep up with when the road gets twisty, but people wonder if I'm pedaling away from a stop light.

I am thinking I'll probably go watch though. It's 90 minutes one way, so it'll come down to wither I have enough gas to get there and back that week or not.

I need that. My horn sucks so bad I neg repped myself :o:(

I am thinking I'll probably go watch though. It's 90 minutes one way, so it'll come down to wither I have enough gas to get there and back that week or not.
BTW, that's THIS weekend, as in the day after tomorrow. You're welcome to ride with me if you're still interested in going but short on gas money.

You driving down in the Lotus? That might be worth it all on it's own.
Ha! Well, the Lotus is fun, I admit, but no, I'm not taking it Sunday. I'm taking a Mercedes to the drag strip. I've never even seen drag racing, so I imagine my first feeble attempts will provide some comic relief for the rest of the attendees. :D