TV or xbox?

sciongirl

I have a Sony rear projection tv and recently I've noticed a pink tint to everything. I don't notice it on regular tv channels but it's very distinct on my xbox. Even my remote buttons (menu or input) have a tint to the white colors. I haven't ruled out that it isn't my xbox but if anyone knows what this might be.... Maybe my HDMI cables going bad? My xbox going bad? No idea...

When colors become miss alligned the first thing to go is white. Now if you go into your menus you should have a autocalibration function on most newer tv's it works well. If it does not and you think its relaly out of converence you can go online and look for your tv's service code and go into the advanced menus.

Be very careful, There are setttings in there that can really crew things up.

It could definitely be a convergence issue. Try what thorne said to do, go into the regular menu see if thee is an auto-calibrate or a simple manual calibration, before you poke around the service menu. Any moving of the tv can upset the calibration.

in researching this calibration you speak of, i've found this might be the problem... but im even more confused on how to do it.

pizza and beer to someone who can help. thanks

I will fix it. Who made the tv? Do you have a service plan on it?

it's a Sony rear projection model# KDF-46E3000.

Might just need a simple realignment if its less then a year old. You do have atleast I assume Sony warranty on the tv. HH Gregg might replace it as well im not really sure ive never shopped their.

I will fix it. Who made the tv? Do you have a service plan on it?

"service plan" that sounds like best buy lingo lol. Calibration might help but the majority of the calibration has to do with saving power.

^ no it doesn't. You don't pay for an expensive professional calibration to save power. You do it to get as accurate a color representation / black,white,greyscale as possible.

Its not a convergance calibration issue because its an LCD rear projection unit. Not a CRT style with 3 POTS. Could be a color calibration issue, or need an actual repair.

"service plan" that sounds like best buy lingo lol. Calibration might help but the majority of the calibration has to do with saving power.

lol Yea it is thats what I get for working at Best Buy for 2 years.

Its not a convergance calibration issue because its an LCD rear projection unit. Not a CRT style with 3 POTS. Could be a color calibration issue, or need an actual repair.

Thats what im thinking. Tvs should not lose calibration if they are less then a year old. For it to be this recent could be something more severe. I dont know if just using the remote the line up the red, green, and blue lines will fix the problem. Apparently Thorne knows how to.