Short term apartment search

Rookie84

Hey, guys. I have one more quarter to go at OSU so I'm looking for an apartment that offers 3 months lease. I'm currently considering Harvard Square and Governor's Square. Both are located at Henderson and Kenny. Also somewhat considering Meridian. Rent is uber expensive for 3 months lease, so I'd be happy if I could get a decent place for under $800... I wanted to rent at Fox and Hounds due to available garages but their rent is over $900... which is way, way too much. I don't want my car broken into so safe parking would be nice and a garage would be even nicer. It also needs to be close to school. Does anyone have a place to recommend? Thanks in advance. :)

Call Colony House Apartments, no garage but the rent is pretty low. We never had any safety issues either. It is about .5 miles from OSU on Dodridge.

You can also try Colony Club Apartments, it is a larger complex.

Allow me to do a mirroring excercise.

Wanted, short term lease on an apartment, garage preferred, must be in a nice part of town and close to school, must be less than $800/month.

Sounds like you will need to be flexible on atleast 3 of these points.

Call Colony House Apartments, no garage but the rent is pretty low. We never had any safety issues either. It is about .5 miles from OSU on Dodridge.

You can also try Colony Club Apartments, it is a larger complex.

Thanks, Hal. I'll check them out.

Allow me to do a mirroring excercise.

Wanted, short term lease on an apartment, garage preferred, must be in a nice part of town and close to school, must be less than $800/month.

Sounds like you will need to be flexible on atleast 3 of these points.

I'm not expecting to have a garage included for $800/month. I'm willing to pay extra for it. I just don't want to pay over $800 for the rent alone. And no, I don't need to be flexible on at least 3 of those points as I already found three apartments that fit 2 of my criterias except available garages. :p

I live at the Meridian. I'm fairly sure they have short-term leases available, and they've been running some nice specials lately (e.g., two months rent free on a longer-term lease). No garages per se available at the Meridian proper, but they do have car ports as well as a large parking garage. Also, they have a storage facility directly next door, and I've been told that the rates there are affordable.

You check craigslist sublets? or other categories

Yup. I've been checking it for past week or two but couldn't find a good sublet deal, or apartments for that matter.

I live at the Meridian. I'm fairly sure they have short-term leases available, and they've been running some nice specials lately (e.g., two months rent free on a longer-term lease). No garages per se available at the Meridian proper, but they do have car ports as well as a large parking garage. Also, they have a storage facility directly next door, and I've been told that the rates there are affordable.

Thanks for your input. I might end up there if there is something available. 3 month lease for one bedroom was $800... which I think is decent since the apartments are decent and it's really close to school.

My girlfriend use to work there she is still cool with all the girls in the office (kristine and brittany) The meridian is nice as hell the short-term leases are only 6 months from what she has told me..

If you dont mind living with random people, you can check craigslist.org for rooms for rent. Ususally about $400-500 a month for 1 room with a possibility of shared bathrooms or kitchen if you dont mind.

I may have a room open in my house starting in December, but Im assuming you need it from now-December or thereabouts? no garage, but well-lit off street parking. I would love to have another RX-7 lawn ornament :)