I picked up my motor tonight

Buck531

So I went to Dresden with Mike (302powered) and we picked up this motor I found on Craigslist for $250. 50k miles and it was complete. Blower and all.

The guy said he replaced the lower intake gasket manifold. Great I tore it down anyways. I'm glad I did.

I pull off the lower intake manifold and see this:

http://bucky.kicks-ass.net/car/regalgs/newmotor/hahawtf.jpg

Yes, the dude re-installed everything and torqued it down and LEFT the shop rags IN the lower intake valley. HOLY SHIT I'm glad I never just installed it and tried to run it. That would have been REALLY bad.

No offense to anyone who works at wally world and changes tires or Oil, but this guy clearly forgot ( I hope so) that rags inside the motor aren't good.

I know a lot of people in Dresden... name / company name?

It wasn't a company. Some dude named Kenny had it in his garage. He said it sat for 18 or so months and never did anything with it. he lives directly across from the mcdonalds in that one stop light town. if you're going South I guess on Rt 60 and turn left at the light there, his house is the first on the left. (on Dave Longebarger rd).

bwhahaaha Holy shit! I was trying to figure out what was wrong before reading about the rag. (It's more fun that way.) I thought you'd set the rag there for protection only to find out the damn thing was forgotten there. Again, holy shit.

What are you doing with your old engine/blower? How bad is the old engine? Need one for a future project.

Spun a bearing. Everything else is fine on it.

I can get more money parting it out (top swaps are good for about $500) so I'm going to yank the heads, lim, etc and sell that. I'll have a shortblock after that if you wanted it.