scratches

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
theres a spot on my car that looks like someone used an sos pad on it... bunch of scratches, but none are deep enough to feel them with my fingernail, and i was told that means its fixable....how would i go about doing this? i tried waxing it a bunch, i tried liquid clay, and i tried zymol..all with a cheap-o orbital and with my hand and a cloth...im runnin outta ideas...help?

Ditto. My wife had some pretty bad scratches in the clear coat surface from a shopping cart that skuffed our van (black) and they buffed right out. Car was amazing when completed.

take it to one of the guys on here and let them fix it?

As it's already been stated you just need a heavy polish/compound and they should come out if you can't feel them with your fingernail. However most of these agessive polishes don't work by hand, or at least they don't work well and if you attempt to use an agressive compound by hand odds are you're going to make the area even worse and not better.

Andy

Guest tbutera2112
tsc, how much would you charge me? the spot is about 3-4 inches long and 3-4 inches tall... or anyone else? i dont need a full detail on my car or any of that, i just want the scratched area fixed

tsc, how much would you charge me? the spot is about 3-4 inches long and 3-4 inches tall... or anyone else? i dont need a full detail on my car or any of that, i just want the scratched area fixed

bring it over ill get it out no charge.

shouldnt take but 2 passes with the rotary

Guest tbutera2112

ok thanks..it wont be for a few but ill remember you...fuel pump is on its way out and the car wouldnt make it that far, and i dont wanna risk it and use my last AAA tow lol thanks!

fuel pump should be here this week but i just remembered i cancelled insurance on it....so nevermind...i appreciate the offer, i just cant bring it that far away...i think the pump is good enough to make it down the road though so ill take it to TSC

i really appreciate the generousity though

Guest tbutera2112

thanks a bunch man, it looks great! i waited till i got away from your house for the kids sake lol...i had to give it a little bit since i dont ever drive it anymore and i bumped the timing today lol

before: (yea...its real dusty, but its just been sitting so i havent washed it)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0621.jpg

after:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0622.jpg

oh...and unless you like orange peel, dont let krieger ford paint your bumper :mad:

What was the process to get the scratches out? I feel like taking the day off tomorrow to take out scratches.

depends how bad they are.. really light scratches can be taken out by a orbital and some polish.. heavier stuff, a rotary and wool pad and some buffing compund... follow wiht a polish

now the really bad stuff wet sand with 1500, 2000, 2500, or 3000 depending on how bad it is.. and work your way up but dont work to much you only have so much clear to work with ...then buff with a rotary and buffing compound, and follow with a polish

Guest tbutera2112

the 2 or 3 deep scratches left arent enough to bother me, in fact i wouldnt even notice them to be honest if you hadnt pointed it out lol so thats not an issue...it looks 10000% times better

as for the story, ill never tell!!

oh yea...i have orange peel on my passenger side qtr panel, my rear bumper, and probably my decklid (hvent checked) and when i get my front bumper back from paint, im assuming it will be the same :(

can you fix orange peel?