Tropic Thunder

copperhead

Rarely do I make a post on here about movies, but this is one movie that is worth watching. I usually can't stand Ben Stiller, but Tropic Thunder was great. Action plus constant humor.

There have been groups pushing to get the movie banned (douchebags) using claims that the movie is racist due to Robert Downey Jr's character, and the Special Olympics are bitching about how the movie refers to people with developmental problems, as the movie referenced a fake movie called Simple Jack. My take is that although they said "retard" a lot, they otherwise didn't seem to be offensive. As for Robert Downey's character, without knowing anything beforehand you wouldn't realize it was even a white guy until late in the movie. They never tried to make the role offensive.

The plot to the movie is that there is a group of actors filming a movie about the Vietnam war. In an attempt to make it more realistic, they go deep into the jungle. They think they are still filming, even when things go wrong and they end up fighting REAL Vietnamese.

This is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Must see if you want some laughs.

Ben Stiller: Douchebag whos not funny

Jack Black: Douchebag whos even less funny....

Yeah i'll just download it instead of wasting 10bucks

I agree. Stiller's movies are all the same theme. "How does all this bad stuff happen to me." It's tired....

Ben Stiller: Douchebag whos not funny

Jack Black: Douchebag whos even less funny....

Yeah i'll just download it instead of wasting 10bucks

Werd. I hate Ben Stiller (but his wife is hot), and I HATE Jack Black even more. I don't think I've ever laughed at one of their movies. For the record, I don't find Will Ferrel (sp?) to be that funny either.

RDJ is hilarious though. :cool:

I wish only the worst for ben stiller.

Jack black was great in this movie.

RDJ who never really liked, did an awesome job. I saw an early showing last week, it was really good.

As far as current comedys go;

1. step brothers

2. tropic thunder

3. pineapple express.

Oh, but i really find carl and will very funny.

Cameron Diaz was about the only worth while reason to watch something about mary lets not sugar coat it haha.

Jack Black was decent in Airborne, how many of you people even 1. know what the hell that is and 2. remember it. It has Seth Green in it as well, its about the surfer kid from cali that moves to cincy and helps the snakes race the preps on rollerblades...yeah that shits tight lol

WOW, I am surprised to see that people hate Jack Black. I think that dude is funny as hell.

I like how everyone is bitching about this movie for various stupid reasons, yet no one has been "outraged"(as they claim they are) about the "Booty Sweat" ad in the very beginning.

I loved the movie BTW :D I give it a 3 out of 5.

WOW, I am surprised to see that people hate Jack Black. I think that dude is funny as hell.

I like how everyone is bitching about this movie for various stupid reasons, yet no one has been "outraged"(as they claim they are) about the "Booty Sweat" ad in the very beginning.

I loved the movie BTW :D I give it a 3 out of 5.

LOL, when the booty sweat thing started I was all WTF is this????

Cameron Diaz was about the only worth while reason to watch something about mary lets not sugar coat it haha.

Jack Black was decent in Airborne, how many of you people even 1. know what the hell that is and 2. remember it. It has Seth Green in it as well, its about the surfer kid from cali that moves to cincy and helps the snakes race the preps on rollerblades...yeah that shits tight lol

Airborne, great movie. Rollerblading through 20 miles of Cincy FTW.

Might be worth checking out on TV sometime. I don't spend money on anything w/ Jack Black in it. Don't have anything against Stiller though. Thanks for the review -- you're one of the first people to post anything good about it that I've seen so far.