flying nutbags

max power

Chock full of kahunes

cool vids of guys jumping off of a cliff wearing a flying suit. I think they got the idea from flying squirrels.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1

Edited by max power

isnt there somebody out there that is trying to use one of these suits to land without a chute? thought i saw something on tv or online about it. could be wrong. its happened once.

Yea, he is trying to land in a really tall huge funnel type tunnel thing. His plan is to have the tunnel slow down his decent. I remember see that too. Looks interesting, but suicidal.

I dont think anyone will be using one of these suits to land without a chute. They are traveling around 100mph in those things so I dont see that happening.

yea, i agree, but i'm thinking it's possible to land once. Probably only need a squeegee to clean up afterward too.

+1 for suicidal. seems possible, if bird can do it why can't humans? crazy logic

Crazy indeed. A bird doesn't need to be going a hundred mph to generate enough lift to fly. Just like an airplane, if the giant flying squirrel guy isn't going fast enough he'll fall out of the sky like a stone, then SPLAT!! human marmalade.

He better be if he plans to land without a chute!

He wants to do it with a ramp is my guess. I could see it working if it were tall enough, had the right slope and coefficient of friction and he was able to hit it at the correct angle. I would imagine he would be wearing gear similar to a motorcycle racer and would slide down the ramp slowing down gradually. the 1/3 drop he was talking about is a very similar drop rate to gliders.

• 1 year later...

there was a guy who went sky diving and landed without his chute (it didnt open) and he lived....i think he broke like every bone in his body though lol

**edit..cant find the video of this anymore, but i did find a few similar ones...i guess its not uncommon for people to live from this somehow...found a girl who did, and a skydiving instructor too

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17113222

this guy broke his ankle and collapsed a lung, and was out of the hospital in 11 days

Edited by Steve Butters