1023 RWHP and 986lbs of TQ....

atomicfusion1647545515

Congrats on the shakdown!

Hopefully just a cooler line blew off. The E-clips are a bitch on those trannies

I have seen them blow alot of fluid out the overflow if they were overfilled the oil foams right up.

Only thing that I would say that makes it not a line is how wide the spray on the ground was. started off as a trickle and ended with a 20" wide patch of fluid for about 200 yards. I'm guessing an internal seal. Total path of fluid was damn near 1/4 mile long. Too bad too, Marks car was FLYING!!! 1.65 60' for his first shake down pass on the new tire/suspension setup. :eek:

My trans went out on the dyno also. They pulled 1046/1023, turned the boost up and added some timing went to put it in gear and nothing. Looked under the car and fluid was everywhere.

Something tells me the transmissions can't handle that much HP lol. So we'll be in a convoy at 5am to RPM!

Only thing that I would say that makes it not a line is how wide the spray on the ground was. started off as a trickle and ended with a 20" wide patch of fluid for about 200 yards. I'm guessing an internal seal. Total path of fluid was damn near 1/4 mile long. Too bad too, Marks car was FLYING!!! 1.65 60' for his first shake down pass on the new tire/suspension setup. :eek:

My trans went out on the dyno also. They pulled 1046/1023, turned the boost up and added some timing went to put it in gear and nothing. Looked under the car and fluid was everywhere.

Something tells me the transmissions can't handle that much HP lol. So we'll be in a convoy at 5am to RPM!

WOW

Almost sounds like the pump cover/seal failed.

They dumped that much fluid while running there toast.

Hopefully Rodney can hook you up quickly.

I think it is pretty safe to say they are hating life right now lol. It sucks too because your car made 1050rwhp so easily on its first pull that I couldn't wait to see what it was going to do on more boost. Hopefully Rodney gets something figured out this week so we can get them back on the track running full-tilt :)

Jeff

what trans are you two vettes using?

We are running 4L60E's.

Incase anybody was wondering RPM is by far the best trans shop I have ever seen. Mark and I show up unannounced at 8am this morning with the cars in the off chance they can work on them. Not only did they not give us an ounce of crap, they pulled both transmissions, rebuilt them and reinstalled them. Had us done by 5:30 and had plenty of time to hit Kil-Kare up on the way home!

My problem was my torque converter walking out because of the pressure, and when the gas was let off the torque converter had sliped out and slammed into my front pump busting it. Bad part was they didn't have a replacement 05 converter in stock, so they had to put a take out stock one. I thought it would be ok, but..... didn't do so well at the track. turned the car all the way up to the 1050 tune and never got full boost, converter was so tight it wouldn't spin at all coming out of the hole and was only running 10.2's @ 144's with 1.9 60's. Ran three passes w/in .05 of each other.

Mark went 10.03@139 on his first pass, turned the boost up slighly and had some traction problems netting him simular times to mine. though he was running consistant 1.6 60's. Started losing traction from the 60-330 mark

All in all not too bad, we're getting the kinks ironed out. I'm excited to see what happens.

Special thanks to Eric and Peanut for coming with me and loading my car on and off the trailer. And peanuts friend Mike for bringing my rims/tires, race jacket, helmet and everything else I needed to race lol!

Went up to Marion tonight... Getting better on the launches (once they got me staged... my front air dam was hitting the beams and messing up my staging).

Jason went 10.08 tonight and although I didn't get any really good et's (just like 10.50's) I did hit 145.23 MPH! and I did get a 1.61 60'!

Soon, 1.5's and 9's!

Stock 05 converter is killing me, but I will say the car was consistant. Ran 10.29, 10.23, 10.18, 10.13, and the 10.08. As the night got cooler the car got a little faster. Can't wait to race when it's not 80+ degrees outside.

Mark and I have to work on the suspension some. We are losing traction after the 60' mark up until about the 330'. Right now it's not too bad to drive through, but Mark had a pretty good scare tonight. It's certainly something we need to get fixed.

The fix is to go to a safer, better prepped track before something bad happens.:)

Congrats on the sweet numbers to both of you guys!

I've been to Kil-Kare, Marion and Trials with the car and all three tracks had the same 60-330' problem. I think the car is settling down too soon and I don't have enough weight over the back tires.

I've been to Kil-Kare, Marion and Trials with the car and all three tracks had the same 60-330' problem. I think the car is settling down too soon and I don't have enough weight over the back tires.

I was once told this by a Yellow c5 z06 vette owner.

If It dont hook just throw 3-4 bags of quickcrete in the back. :cool:

The funny thing is we hook till 60'.... After that we start skating! On one run last night I was looking at the other lane out my front window!

I am probably going to throw 100-200lbs in the back next time out.

How bad would it be for me to take my Domestic out to the Import shootout?

• Upvote 1

I am probably going to throw 100-200lbs in the back next time out.

How bad would it be for me to take my Domestic out to the Import shootout?

Sam always took his Z06. You won't be able to win anything obviously since it doesn't fit in to any class but you will be able to make as many passes as you could ever want :)

We are leaving here at 10am if you want to caravan out with us.

Jeff