Fuel issues

Jizzle Juice

So i replaced my fuelpump some couple months ago. And every so often my car will at like its dying. itll rev below 1k then go up then itll sputter and fall flat on its ass. Ive rewired the pump that seemed to help but then i could be drivin and you can feel it losing fuel threw the pedal. Im about tired of it cause it does it at the worst times any ideas??

Does it start right up afterwards or do you need to wait? What do you do after it cuts off to get it running again? Does it do it in WOT or normal driving?

First steps...

Make sure injectors are not clogged

Replace the fuel filter.

Make sure your gauge is reading correctly.

Check for wiring problems.

Guest 614Streets
Watch what your fuel psi is when this is happening , test for a weak pump , bad fuel pressure regulator, plugs. Not much you can do yourself about testing the injectors without a good scanner if the problem is intermitent.

I was going to agree that it could be a faulty MAF or air meter, whatever it is in those cars.

But issues could also be in the fuel system.. fuel injectors, fuel filter and even your new pump. I've heard MANY stories of people simply getting bad Walboro pumps all together.

Oh, I haven't just heard about bad pumps, but I happened to have dealt with a bad one personally that drove a couple of my friends up the wall.

Guest Removed

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor is mounted to the rear of the intake manifold. The MAP sensor measures the pressure changes within the intake manifold which is an indication of the engine load. The MAP sensor has a 5.0 volt reference, a ground, and a signal circuit.

The MAP sensor contains a diaphragm which changes the resistance based on pressure. When the manifold pressure is low (high vacuum) the sensor output voltage is low. When the manifold pressure is high (low vacuum) the sensor output voltage is high.

The MAP sensor voltage (depending on altitude) can range from 1.0-1.5 volts at idle (high vacuum) to 4.0 - 4.9 volts at wide open throttle (low vacuum).

When the PCM senses a signal voltage higher than the normal operating range of the sensor, this DTC will set.

what is your fuel pressure?whats maf voltage at idle?

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor is mounted to the rear of the intake manifold. The MAP sensor measures the pressure changes within the intake manifold which is an indication of the engine load. The MAP sensor has a 5.0 volt reference, a ground, and a signal circuit.

The MAP sensor contains a diaphragm which changes the resistance based on pressure. When the manifold pressure is low (high vacuum) the sensor output voltage is low. When the manifold pressure is high (low vacuum) the sensor output voltage is high.

The MAP sensor voltage (depending on altitude) can range from 1.0-1.5 volts at idle (high vacuum) to 4.0 - 4.9 volts at wide open throttle (low vacuum).

When the PCM senses a signal voltage higher than the normal operating range of the sensor, this DTC will set.

what is your fuel pressure?whats maf voltage at idle?

Let you kno shortly!