how i napalmed Wal Mart

kirks5oh

sorry for the long read

i made a thread the other day about buying a generator, seeing as how hurricane faye was supposed to hit tampa (we didn't even really get a single drop of rain--wtf??). anyways, i talked my wife into getting a cheap generator ($500-700), but by the time we got to home depot/lowe's all the cheap ones were sold out, and i wasn't going to spend $1k on something i may never use.

so, against my better judgment, i bought a cheapo $300 no name brand from Wal Mart (5pm), along with tons of water, some canned/dry food, extra formula, and extra batteries for all of our flashlights. i drop the wife/kids off, and go out and fill up the generator, as well as the 5 gallon gas can i bought. problem #1--the generator gas tank allows some gas to seep out from where the gas level float indicator is located at--no big deal, i just roll the windows down in our beater sentra. problem #2--generator won't start. i try everything, check the spark plug, gap it, adjust the choke over and over again, flush the combustion chamber with air (thinking it was flooded) etc. etc.--fucking thing won't start.

so i load it back up into its box, and into the sentra and head back to wal mart--it is now 8pm. on the way to wal mart, more fuel seeps out, and it reeks of gas. i bring it to the return counter and they refuse to take it, since it has gas in it--they tell me to take it out of the building. i tell them to have the manager meet me outside. manager comes outside and is a complete fucktard---basically says i can't help you, what do you want me to do??? its store policy not to take back things with gas in them, etc. etc. i basically tell him to have someone get a 5 gallon gas container and a funnel, or i will basically dump the gas out in the flower bed 5 feet away.

i'm waiting over 30 minutes for the person to bring the gas can out--i'm waiting in the entry way, by where the greeter is. i decide to check out the generator since it smells so bad--- when i looked in the box, i realized that the gas had leaked out of the tank and all over some styrofoam that it was packed with (i hastily threw everything back in the box, including the styrofoam). on top of the gas tank, there was this gelatinous material where the gas had dissolved the styrofoam :eek::eek::eek:

i told the greeter i was through waiting, ripped off the UPC portion of the box, grabbed a different generator (the next level up, of cheap jap-shit), and headed for the return/customer service area. after arguing with the manager again--for them making me wait 30 minutes for nothing, they gave me the $375 generator for the price of the other one $300. i promptly left wondering what they must have thought when they opened up the other box and seen the napalm surprise.

took the generator home, and it started up easily---and i never needed it. but hey, i got a new toy--my wife was a bit pissed.

cliffs----fuck wal mart, they sell complete cheap ass shit (no surprise for me), and don't have good customer service unless you go strong with them.

I was in same type of situation at wal-mart where they basically didnt want to help and I made a scene and proceeded to walk around the store about 4 or 5 times with there security chodes trying to figure out how they were gonna get me out of the store. All over a 100 dollar fishing rod that i was trying to exchange and they wouldnt check the price on a new one for me. (the you scan was broke)

I didnt shop at walmart for like 5 years cause of that. But then my bro got a job there and he gets 10% off and i had to go again........I am such a bastard for being a cheapass

my wife pretty much refuses to go into the store because she doesn't want to be associated with the people who shop there, but i don't care too much. the only real groceries we buy there are gatorade and poweraide--things like that--i would avoid any produce or meat. oddly enough, i've found that sam's club has decent meat/poultry--much, much better than wal mart. i'm assuming some 'mom and pop' type places get meat from sam's, and that is why they have better quality, but who knows.

everything else my wife gets from target, which is about a mile from our house.

i knew going into it, that i was buying a piece of shit, but that was pretty much my only choice on such short notice--at least they eventually took it back, and gave me the higher up model for the same price. in the end, i never needed it anyways.

regardless, the one i returned is certainly ruined from the gas/styrofoam combo--it was all over the top of it

Umm its standard practice of ANY place of business to not take something back with gas in it. That is the same policy at Lowe's and Home Depot....why wouldn't you have emptied it before taking it back?

Because he's an asstard who sounds like a yuppy and that everyone needs to accommodate him. You bought a cheap ass generator and it ended up being shit. Wow, didn't see that one comming! Then you bring the junk ass generator in walmart filled with gas thinking they're going to take it back? LOL . and on top of that ur wife wont go there b/c she doesn't want to be associated with people who shop there?

Every class of people from joe dirt to grey poupon mustard slinging yups like you shop there. I'm sorry but I'm perfectly fine with going to walmart for food,drink, and other low price item shit that is universally the same anywhere else. Granted, I won't shop for clothes and other items like that there but for anything else that would be the same elsewhere, you cant beat the price. And yes, I do make good money also so dont be responding by (well lower income ppl would enjoy going there.) sorry pal

-your friend,

Paul

ps. I am an :asshole: and you seem like a cool guy any other time, just this time you kinda struck a nerve w/ how you went about the whole generator ordeal and how you generalized ppl who shop at walmart

ps. I am an :asshole: and you seem like a cool guy any other time, just this time you kinda struck a nerve w/ how you went about the whole generator ordeal and how you generalized ppl who shop at walmart

apparently, reading comprehension owns you, and the last few posters above you. of course i will generalize the people who shop regularly at wal mart---they are "generally" white trash, plain and simple. that being said, i will shop there from time to time for things--so what. my wife is the one who won't shop there.

i had intentions of buying a generator at lowes or home depot--maybe sears. the hurricane was set to hit us that night (in 6 hours), i didn't have time to shop all over tampa, since i basically decided to get it at the last second---i stopped at lowe's and home depot, and all that was left were generators in the $1-$2k range--i wasn't going to spend that kind of money on a whim--maybe you're more of a "baller" than me. i knew exactly what i was getting into in buying the wal mart junk, but i had absolutely no other option. i wasn't surprised that it wouldn't start, and would have reacted that way to the manager at ANY store.

Umm its standard practice of ANY place of business to not take something back with gas in it. That is the same policy at Lowe's and Home Depot....why wouldn't you have emptied it before taking it back?

i had absolutely no place to put the gas--every gas container i had was full. i knew they'd make a fuss about it--that's why i recommended going to the lawn and garden section to begin with.

apparently, reading comprehension owns you, and the last few posters above you. of course i will generalize the people who shop regularly at wal mart---they are "generally" white trash, plain and simple. that being said, i will shop there from time to time for things--so what. my wife is the one who won't shop there.

i had intentions of buying a generator at lowes or home depot--maybe sears. the hurricane was set to hit us that night (in 6 hours), i didn't have time to shop all over tampa, since i basically decided to get it at the last second---i stopped at lowe's and home depot, and all that was left were generators in the $1-$2k range--i wasn't going to spend that kind of money on a whim--maybe you're more of a "baller" than me. i knew exactly what i was getting into in buying the wal mart junk, but i had absolutely no other option. i wasn't surprised that it wouldn't start, and would have reacted that way to the manager at ANY store.

no baller here bud. You make way more then I do

no baller here bud. You make way more then I do

i took a huge paycut this year to sharpen my knowledge with a fellowship--basically more training to create my niche.

no yuppie here--you'll never see me in a bimmer drinking a starbuck's coffee.

i took a huge paycut this year to sharpen my knowledge with a fellowship--basically more training to create my niche.

no yuppie here--you'll never see me in a bimmer drinking a starbuck's coffee.

Sorry I got on ur case. I just took it the wrong way. My apology.

Well good to hear you went w/ more knowledge and a temporary paycut.

That'll pay off bigtime in the future and I would've done the same thing. What is your specialty if you dont mind telling. You prolly said it before in another thread ages ago but I must've missed it.

BTW, no-one in their right mind can call me a yuppie...I'm a truck-driver by trade, and live in a medium-OK apartment complex, and drive a ten-year-old Buick.

I hate going to WalMart because of the people I see there. White-trash, redneck dudes, and ugly, prematurely aged chicks with five kids that dress like wannabe gangstas-and/or-rednecks and sluts. WalMart is like the ultimate definition of everything LOW about America.

Low-class people(not necessarily poor, just lacking class), buying horrible products from a massive, impersonal, community-wrecking corporation. And the people that WORK there are either indifferent, rude, or incompetent.

Drewz2nr, no offense to your bro, he may be a good dude, but he works for and with a bunch of gobbling ass-hats.

BTW, no-one in their right mind can call me a yuppie...I'm a truck-driver by trade, and live in a medium-OK apartment complex, and drive a ten-year-old Buick.

I hate going to WalMart because of the people I see there. White-trash, redneck dudes, and ugly, prematurely aged chicks with five kids that dress like wannabe gangstas-and/or-rednecks and sluts. WalMart is like the ultimate definition of everything LOW about America.

Low-class people(not necessarily poor, just lacking class), buying horrible products from a massive, impersonal, community-wrecking corporation. And the people that WORK there are either indifferent, rude, or incompetent.

Drewz2nr, no offense to your bro, he may be a good dude, but he works for and with a bunch of gobbling ass-hats.

its just as bad here in tampa, if not worse--and we live in a nice area--not sure where all these people come from to shop, but they certainly don't live in the immediate area