$14k for a brand new fullsize truck...

zeitgeist57

http://www.gm.com/summersale/summersale.do?brandId=pg&pvcId=81037&lang=en&VIN=0&year=2008&make=Chevrolet&modelsubmodel=Silverado+1500+Regular+Cab+Stnd+Box+2WD+WT&typestyle=Reg.+Cab+Standard+Box+WT&zip=43220&ola=

I'm not in the market, but dammit that's a heck of a deal for a new, fullsize truck. Even if you went with an uplevel LT, it's still less than $19k.

This is going to have a major effect on the used car market...get rid of your clunker now...

We were selling them for 11,999 brand new last year. it was 5 speed v6 base work truck with A/C delete. They do this every year. The ones we were selling werre 14,056 sticker after rebates and misc. deductions we would sell it at 11,999. It gets people thru the door so they can upsell to higher end models.

Off topic a little bit, but is it possible these days to get a full-size Chevy/GMC truck with a V8 and a 5-speed manual?

As of 07 you could but i can not be sure on 08 models. When they changed to the new body stile they changed some of the options available. The sale is going on now cause i think the 09 Truck line is starting to hit there stores soon or already has.

Off topic a little bit, but is it possible these days to get a full-size Chevy/GMC truck with a V8 and a 5-speed manual?

I've searched long and far...for the new models in 2008, I can't see any manual transmission offerings, not even in the Vortec V6 worktruck model or 2500HD/3500HD territory. Kind of disappointing, but a sign of the times...apparently the car manufacturers are fulfilling the idea that 100% of Americans hate stick shift transmissions. :(

As of 07 you could but i can not be sure on 08 models. When they changed to the new body stile they changed some of the options available. The sale is going on now cause i think the 09 Truck line is starting to hit there stores soon or already has.

The 09's should be up soon. Dodge delayed it's new re-design, which is pointless to me to redesign. I'll give Ford the only credit on the truck market, the Super Duty beds have stayed the same since 99' and the Ranger bed the same since 93. If the Big 3 stopped re-designing a truck every 4-6 years, they'd save some money.

The 09's should be up soon. Dodge delayed it's new re-design, which is pointless to me to redesign. I'll give Ford the only credit on the truck market, the Super Duty beds have stayed the same since 99' and the Ranger bed the same since 93. If the Big 3 stopped re-designing a truck every 4-6 years, they'd save some money.

Since you see alot of the new trucks have you seen the 08 GM Heavy duty trucks. The amount of Frame rail showing on the back is hideous I cant believe they even let them make the truck look that stupid. All they did for the freakin new chevy truck was put the tahoe interior in it and say it was completely redesigned.

Yep Chevy/Ford/Dodge need some help but i dont see it coming anytime soon. Unless one of them drops a small diesel engine in a small or midsize truck they are all gonna be hurting.

I've searched long and far...for the new models in 2008, I can't see any manual transmission offerings, not even in the Vortec V6 worktruck model or 2500HD/3500HD territory. Kind of disappointing, but a sign of the times...apparently the car manufacturers are fulfilling the idea that 100% of Americans hate stick shift transmissions. :(

ford and dodge still offer a stick

Since you see alot of the new trucks have you seen the 08 GM Heavy duty trucks. The amount of Frame rail showing on the back is hideous I cant believe they even let them make the truck look that stupid. All they did for the freakin new chevy truck was put the tahoe interior in it and say it was completely redesigned.

Yep Chevy/Ford/Dodge need some help but i dont see it coming anytime soon. Unless one of them drops a small diesel engine in a small or midsize truck they are all gonna be hurting.

dodge has that nice 5cyl they use in the sprinter I don't know why they havn't put it in the dakota or the durango yet

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the new HD series trucks. I will agree the newer 1500 silverados are nice, minus most of the dash pieces. Extremely cheap looking, especially being the dash and door plastic. Granted GM did a re-design for 07+ all over the truck. I think they did a good job inside/out, minus some of that cheap interior plastic. I've heard a few issues with the AFM (Active Fuel Management) where V8's will shut down to 4 cylinders. Most of my customer's see around 20-23MPG which isn't bad considering most new trucks are around the 5-7,000LB range. I've been eyeing a crew cab F150 at the moment, due to the prices.

^^^^This is wrong. Shutup.

^^^^This is wrong. Shutup.

The interiors are essentially modified versions of the Tahoe. It may be exact same interior....

So what is wrong about that?

Tahoe

http://images.4wheeloffroad.com/roadtests/131_0606_05_z+2007_chevy_tahoe+interior.jpg

Silverado

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/trucks/8226122/112_0704_04z+2007_chevrolet_silverado+interior.jpg

Employee Pricing programs are not a discount. They are typically a set price. So if you go into one of these big sales wanting a discount the price may be higher then with your "discount". Most add vehicles are basically whored out vehicles where they are not making any money. They are selling the vehicle to create a UNIT bonus from there incentive plans thru there company.

Basically if GM Dealership sells XX Amount of cars per month or quarter or year depending on there bonus plan. They get XXXXXX Bonus which helps offset there loss by selling a AD vehicle at a very discounted price.

Supplier and GM employee prices are a joke. When i was selling GM vehicles when someone told me they were supplier or Employee i knew i was making extra money cause they are lured into a false sense of security thinking they are getting the best deal. I spent little time closing the deal or even going over anything.

If you want to know more about the supposed gm Employee Pricing Discount you can contact me via pm.

Andy

My envoy has almost 90,000 so we are thinking of replacing it . I was hoping for a little better deals, I will hang back a little longer. I think there is at least another 10% on the table

You are right...maybe they will pay YOU to drive it home:)

ford has a 4.4l powerstroke V8(est 330hp/515lb-ft) in developement for next year(or 2010MY).

ford will also have the 'ecoboost' engines(twin turbo V6 that gets V8HP/TQ and V6 mileage, turbo I4 is a maybe for the F150) in the F150 next year.

GM has a 4.5l duramax V8(est 310hp/520lb-ft) that should debut next year(2010MY) too.

cummins has a 4.2l V6 in developement, but not much is known powerwise(c'mon, obviously it will be close to ford and cheby) or debut-wise. wouldnt be surprised if it dropped next year, but should definatly be on the market by 2010.

might not be a mid-size truck, but they have stuff coming none the less!!!