Bad Paint = Roof flying off!

TTQ B4U

evidently they laid down the paint first, then the adhesive over it. thus the paint gives way as the adhesive is bonded to paint vs the metal itself.

wait.. what??? if the paint comes off it takes the adhesive for the windsheild with it? how does that even make sense.

the worst part about the smart car is it still gets in the 30's mpg, you can get that with a civic, and still live if u wreck it. I'd like to drive a busa powered smart at put n bay for a weekend, thats about it.

that is the sad part. I saw on another site where someone's vanity plate is 100mpg though :confused:

the worst part about the smart car is it still gets in the 30's mpg, you can get that with a civic, and still live if u wreck it. I'd like to drive a busa powered smart at put n bay for a weekend, thats about it.

that is the sad part. I saw on another site where someone's vanity plate is 100mpg though :confused:

I mean I would be dissappointed if i bought that thing and it didnt give me at least 50 mpg. Does anyone remember when Honda made the CRX HF, i think it was called. Something crazy like 48 mpg. If Im going to go through the trouble of buying a car specifically for its fuel efficiency it better be more that 30mpg.

Don't smart cars have only 3 cylinders ? It should be like my previous geo then and get 50+ mpg.

The CRX HF is one of the best MPG cars. It is slow but its light and the engine always works. I've seen beat to shit ones still run while leaking... I am always looking for any CRX but they are either riced out or rusted out on the frame. If I found a stock one with a good frame I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

Edit: Even a 89-91 honda civic dx 4 speed manual get great gas mileage. I had a stock one for over 7 years since it had 40-45mpg on the highway. My family is scattered all over so I drive A LOT on the highway.

we actually have one in my family. they really are not to bad. small on the outside but you would be very surprised if you drove one. inside it feels just like a bigger car and drives (shift wise like a jeep) and actually feels kinda sporty. as far as the wreck thing, take a look at the smart car crash they did on top gear. take into consideration that they basically made the exterior a cage for the car. as far as gas millage gets we constantly get 45-50 mpg on ours.

engine wise yes they do have only 3 cylinders. we got a top of the line smart four two mainly because we got on the list when it was only a few days long. (long story)

and our intent was to keep it till the list got longer then throw it up for sale to flip it.

anyways go give it a test drive. its not a bad car!

Don't smart cars have only 3 cylinders ? It should be like my previous geo then and get 50+ mpg.

The CRX HF is one of the best MPG cars. It is slow but its light and the engine always works. I've seen beat to shit ones still run while leaking... I am always looking for any CRX but they are either riced out or rusted out on the frame. If I found a stock one with a good frame I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

Edit: Even a 89-91 honda civic dx 4 speed manual get great gas mileage. I had a stock one for over 7 years since it had 40-45mpg on the highway. My family is scattered all over so I drive A LOT on the highway.

i know someone that has exatcly what you are looking for. he is in the process of dericing it now and is painting it this fall i think. let me know if you want to contact him.

thanks op for the explination makes perfect sense now. just sounded so stupid when i first thought about it lol.

i know someone that has exatcly what you are looking for. he is in the process of dericing it now and is painting it this fall i think. let me know if you want to contact him.

thanks op for the explination makes perfect sense now. just sounded so stupid when i first thought about it lol.

So if I put it up on a rack and look at the frame it won't look like it is about to break? If no don't even bother =/