ZUNE metadata thread

87GT

I am tired of searching for an answer so I will ask everyone here. For the Zune to keep all the songs of an album together they must have the exact id3 tag on each file. So fine I have a program to let me mass rename the tags. No biggie.

My question is there anyway to rename the files on the Zune itself? Because the only thing it lets me do as a workaround is to delete all the files off the zune (if it lets me) and upload the fixed files back to it. Anyone come up with a 3rd party program to get around this?

I have a Zune, and have 0 problems with what you are talking about. Duplicate albums some times but that's it.

Yeah do you buy all your music off whatever website or do you rip your own cds and make mp3s yourself?

Yeah do you buy all your music off whatever website or do you rip your own cds and make mp3s yourself?

I have ripped more than 80 some albums my self if at all possible that's how I get my mp3's. I do not understand this word buy what does it mean?

I have ripped more than 80 some albums my self if at all possible that's how I get my mp3's. I do not understand this word buy what does it mean?

I meant off of itunes or whatever else people use. I don't use pay sites so i don't know. I make my own mp3s or download them. And the ones I download sometimes don't have id3 tags, or ones with different information. Zune doesn't like that. If you have the artist as Bun B and Bun B ft whoever it makes 2 different artists.

Ever try putting a Various Artists (mix) cd onto a Zune? If you don't change all the artists names to the same thing you have 17 different artists on your list. Ya that is exactly what I want when I want to listen to that full cd, listen to each song manually 1 at a time.