Anyone ever been on Phentermine?

Slimpsy1647545505

i know its not 100% on topic, but i saw on 20/20 or dateline a few months ago people who had the GP surgery, and their diabetes went away. when they tested it on rats, there's a certain part of the intestinal track that once it was bypassed, it rid them of diabetes

/off topic post

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that noone else can see that this is true.

Phil- So let me get this right. You intern at nike, Manage a verizon store, go to school full time, help with osu football, basketball, soccer, and volleyball teams, and find time to have a social life.

my day starts at 5am and ends at. 3 am. i think you can sleep when you dead. ;)

i just took the job after my internship to run the verizion store, i go to osu and i make my own hrs at my store. (perks of being the boss) school doesnt start til the 24th so ill be ok til then. :thumbup: thanks for your concern though

The bottom line is the surgery has a fairly high mortality rate, for something that is basic math. Anyone that can add and subtract can loose weight. Expend more calories than you take in, and you WILL loose weight. Having a life altering surgery, to do something a few less trips through the drive through will do, does not make sense to me. .

without the surgery, most of these people are doomed anyways. i'd like to see your mortality data. at mount carmel, i didn't see one person die out of the hundreds of GB surgeries we did. sure, there were plenty of leaks, that had to have more surgery, etc, etc--but no deaths. so show me the published mortality rate from a good surgical journal please.

and i love how you make dieting seem like simple math--i'm sure you're a successful 'self-proclaimed' dietician.

Those people that I see in the office are not the exceptions to the rule, they are the norm. Bypassing a good chunk of the intestines cannot ever be compensated by taking a "multivitamin". On top of that, synthetic multivitamins that GB people are told to take actually harm them in the long term. You should really take some basic clinical nutrition, and learn at least basic stuff before opening your trap.

do you know how much of the intestine is even bypassed by the surgery??? give me a number. i think you'll find its not a 'good chunk' of the intestines. you should have some actual medical training before giving medical advice.

do you know how much of the intestine is even bypassed by the surgery??? give me a number. i think you'll find its not a 'good chunk' of the intestines. you should have some actual medical training before giving medical advice.

Thats some funny shit.

my day starts at 5am and ends at. 3 am. i think you can sleep when you dead. ;)

i just took the job after my internship to run the verizion store, i go to osu and i make my own hrs at my store. (perks of being the boss) school doesnt start til the 24th so ill be ok til then. :thumbup: thanks for your concern though

Not concerned at all, things just don't add up and the things you say are very hard to believe.

Who the fuck UN-Banned you????

:gtfo:

QFT

If you are 5'10 175lbs and look overweight then there is seriously something wrong with you. I'm 6' 180 and I guess i've always just had a good metabolism and always worked out in some way/form but even if you did nothing, a person at that height and weight should never look/be overweight.

Guess thats just my opinion

I'm 5'9" and weigh about 192 lbs. I have a little gut but its because i haven't really worked out lately and still eat like i'm lifting heavy! I plan to start hitting it hard again but i've been sounding like a broken record when it comes to that. I can get down to 180 lbs if i am lean when i lift and be strong as a horse, or get up to 200 lbs and be as strong as an ox... just depends on how i diet and what kinda of training i'm doing at that time. Most of the time i like to be big but once in awhile i'll lean out and risk a little power to look more toned. Lately work has been keeping me in shape. Moving around thousands of pounds of billets and tens of thousands of pounds of tooling and machinery. Very physical.

Not concerned at all, things just don't add up and the things you say are very hard to believe.

QFT

well come walk in my shoes for a day and then tell me if its that hard. been doing it for a while im used to it.

without the surgery, most of these people are doomed anyways. i'd like to see your mortality data. at mount carmel, i didn't see one person die out of the hundreds of GB surgeries we did. sure, there were plenty of leaks, that had to have more surgery, etc, etc--but no deaths. so show me the published mortality rate from a good surgical journal please.

and i love how you make dieting seem like simple math--i'm sure you're a successful 'self-proclaimed' dietician.

You have proven that you have zero knowledge of health care. Stick to putting knees in little old ladies and we will all be better off. Did you know that not all of the small intestine is the same? Did you know nutients are not absorb the same in each section? ......Because you have ZERO training in basic nutrition.

Stop giving health care advice. You are part of the reason The practice of medicine is the NUMBER 1 cause of death in the US. Keep it up the morticians are thanking you. The dietitians are part of the cause of these people being obese.

:D

BTW.... Diets are simple math and life change. People like you make it a disease process so you can make a surgery and bill for it. Medicine operates on the law of addition and subtraction. Add more medicines until that does not work any more then subtract body parts.

You have proven that you have zero knowledge of health care. Stick to putting knees in little old ladies and we will all be better off. Did you know that not all of the small intestine is the same? Did you know nutients are not absorb the same in each section? ......Because you have ZERO training in basic nutrition..

no, YOU have proven that you have next to no medical knowledge. stick to giving backrubs, and manipulating (unsuspecting peoples' wallets), and we will all be better off. of course i know that the small intestine has areas where different nutrients are selectively absorbed (remember, i went to medical school). you still have not given me any information on the surgery, itself--how much intestine is bypassed, what specifically is malabsorbed as a result of the surgery?? surely, you know, since you're a dietician. if you're going to treat patients who have been 'done wrong' by having the surgery, than you must know all about the surgery, right??

Stop giving health care advice. You are part of the reason The practice of medicine is the NUMBER 1 cause of death in the US. Keep it up the morticians are thanking you. The dietitians are part of the cause of these people being obese..

its easy to throw stones, when you're on the periphery, not actually seeing or treating sick people. one of these days, somebody is going to show up to your office acutely ill, and you will not have a fucking clue what to do---let me give you some advice---call 911.

BTW.... Diets are simple math and life change. People like you make it a disease process so you can make a surgery and bill for it.

obesity is a disease, my friend. people like you are just in denial.

• Upvote 1

Kirk,

Choke on this

http://archsurg.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/142/10/923

Death Rates and Causes of Death After Bariatric Surgery for Pennsylvania Residents, 1995 to 2004

Bennet I. Omalu, MD, MPH; Diane G. Ives, MPH; Alhaji M. Buhari, MA, MSIE; Jennifer L. Lindner, DO; Philip R. Schauer, MD; Cyril H. Wecht, MD, JD; Lewis H. Kuller, MD, DrPH

Arch Surg. 2007;142(10):923-928.

Background Bariatric surgery has emerged as the most effective treatment for class III obesity (body mass index, ≥40). The number of operations continues to increase. We measured case fatality and death rates by time since operation, sex, age, specific causes of death, and mortality rates.

Design and Setting Data on all bariatric operations performed on Pennsylvania residents between January 1, 1995, and December 31, 2004, were obtained from the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost and Containment Council. Matching mortality data were obtained from the Division of Vital Records, Pennsylvania State Department of Health.

Outcome Measures Age- and sex-specific death rates after bariatric surgery.

Results There were 440 deaths after 16 683 operations (2.6%). Age-specific death rates were much higher in men than in women and increased with age. Age- and sex-specific death rates after bariatric surgery were substantially higher than comparable rates for the age- and sex-matched Pennsylvania population. The 1-year case fatality rate was approximately 1% and nearly 6% at 5 years. Less than 1% of deaths occurred within the first 30 days. Fatality increased substantially with age (especially among those > 65 years), with little evidence of change over time. Coronary heart disease was the leading cause of death overall, being cited as the cause of death in 76 patients (19.2%). Therapeutic complications accounted for 38 of 150 natural deaths within the first 30 days, including pulmonary embolism in 31 (20.7%), coronary heart disease in 26 (17.3%), and sepsis in 17 (11.3%).

Conclusions There was a substantial excess of deaths owing to suicide and coronary heart disease. Careful monitoring of bariatric surgical procedures and more intense follow-up could likely reduce the long-term case fatality rate in this patient population.

Author Affiliations: Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh (Drs Omalu, Wecht, and Kuller; Ms Ives; and Mr Buhari), and Department of Pathology, Allegheny General Hospital (Dr Lindner), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Department of Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio (Dr Schauer).

no, YOU have proven that you have next to no medical knowledge. stick to giving backrubs, and manipulating (unsuspecting peoples' wallets), and we will all be better off. of course i know that the small intestine has areas where different nutrients are selectively absorbed (remember, i went to medical school). you still have not given me any information on the surgery, itself--how much intestine is bypassed, what specifically is malabsorbed as a result of the surgery?? surely, you know, since you're a dietician. if you're going to treat patients who have been 'done wrong' by having the surgery, than you must know all about the surgery, right??

You dont know the difference between a dietitian and clinical nutrition.

Typical White coat syndrome MD. God complex has a grip on you.

BTW. If I need to know exactly hiw the surgery is done maybe you should have to know how to treat the people you screw up. You dont know how to do that. To sit here and ask me surgical questions is like me asking you to explain spinal biomechanics and it relationsship to Kinesiopathology, Myopathology, Neuropathophysiology, Histopathology, and Pathophysiology.

its easy to throw stones, when you're on the periphery, not actually seeing or treating sick people. one of these days, somebody is going to show up to your office acutely ill, and you will not have a fucking clue what to do---let me give you some advice---call 911.

Just giving the facts. You will kill people in your career. Sorry you don't like it sometime the truth hurts.

obesity is a disease, my friend. people like you are just in denial.

BS. If it is a disease then it would be happening all over the world. This is an American problem.

BTW. If I need to know exactly hiw the surgery is done maybe you should have to know how to treat the people you screw up. You dont know how to do that.

no, you don't know the anatomy, or the physiology--the surgery is based on both.

Just giving the facts. You will kill people in your career. Sorry you don't like it sometime the truth hurts

no risk, no reward. there is such a thing as an acceptable risk---no one can predict how the body will respond (to anesthesia, or other factors). 'death' is listed on every consent form patients sign, and i explicitly mention that with EVERY patient.

you may not kill anyone in your career, but you and i both know that you're not really providing anything but smoke and mirrors.

BS. If it is a disease then it would be happening all over the world. This is an American problem.

it IS happening all over the world--even in japan to some extent

no, you don't know the anatomy, or the physiology--the surgery is based on both.

You are a fool. I have more anotomy training than you do... true story.

no risk, no reward. there is such a thing as an acceptable risk---no one can predict how the body will respond (to anesthesia, or other factors). 'death' is listed on every consent form patients sign, and i explicitly mention that with EVERY patient.

That sounds real good until it is your child.

you may not kill anyone in your career, but you and i both know that you're not really providing anything but smoke and mirrors.

You should not through rock in a glass house. Look at all the garbage you hand out to your patients. A good number of the drugs will be taken off the market at some point because they don't work or they kill people.

it IS happening all over the world--even in japan to some extent

I bet is the obesity is directly proportional to the introduction of McDonald's and KFC. Diets of indigenous tribes through out the world did not have obesity, heart disease cancer, dental decay, etc. until western diets were introduced. But of course you have no training in basic human nutrition and wellness.