Sharing my swap

BCdawg57

thats badass

quick question though. I thought guys who went LT1 in a 3rd gen used the TPI manifold and distributor to eliminate the optispark and also let you use your stock harness/computer with a custom tune?

I might be thinking of some other kind of car my mind wanders and gets lost sometimes :)

thats badass

quick question though. I thought guys who went LT1 in a 3rd gen used the TPI manifold and distributor to eliminate the optispark and also let you use your stock harness/computer with a custom tune?

I might be thinking of some other kind of car my mind wanders and gets lost sometimes :)

you can have a machine shop drill the hole for a distributor in the LT1/4 manifold and then use the stock harness. i've seen pictures but not sure what dist. they used since it had to be smaller.

thats badass

You cant use the TPI set up on the LT1 because the bolt pattern is different and there are no coolant passages in the lt1 manifold.

Like AJ said though a lot of people have the LT1/4 manifold modified to accept a traditional style distributor. I thought about doing that but my budget was getting tight.

Thanks for the compliments.

Holy crap man! camaros are not my thing but you did a hell of a job, anyone that does his own work and does it with great detail gets my respect man! BTW is that an ohio car because that thing is damn clean ( engine bay) most ive seen around this area are rust buckets.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, really makes all that work worth while when people compliment it (and of course almost doubling the power output). I may be able to get a vid up later when i get home from work.

Yes the car is an ohio car, and damn proud of it! Actually it spent most of its life in northern ohio if you can believe that one. There are a few spots on it starting to rust a little, like a stress crack at the corner of the drivers side window, but that will be fixed easily enough when i go to paint it.

you can see a a couple pics of it in the thread "whats up" in the oven.