New to CR... Pics inside.

SIP-Rich

Welcome guy! seems like you have all mixed up type of cars american and import either way enjoy your stay and welcome.

Thanks! I just like anything that has some character to it. Does not matter to me where it was born. I just like most things with motors whether it is a old cub cadet lawn tractor or a new concept car.

I like that impala. Nice dual snorkel air cleaner on that 396 also. Have you had it to the track.

Tried it twice at 42, but with those old vintage street tires on it I couldn't get on it much. Would just get on the converter a little bit and then walk out of the hole. Might have got my foot down around 40 or 60 feet out. Then it would break tires loose when I would shift into second. It would run a 13.2 @ 118 with that really light launch. Need some slicks and a trans brake.

The 87 Supra ( the red one in the pics) is a project car. I am building the motor right now. Eagle rods, probe forged pistons, head work, cams, ect. Going to put a precision gt4088 turbo on it with an old vintage HKS t-4 manifold. Got a built th350 and PI 3600 stall converter ready for it. Prob do a NX 20923-10 nitrous kit kit and maybe spray 70

My 89 is a mint condition un molested car. Perfect original interior, no rust or dents. The original turbo decided to crap itself, and dumped a bunch of journal bearing material into the oil pan, which in turn trashed the bearings. So I have the motor pulled right now for an overhaul. Will prob put a stock type rebuild on it and a precision 61 mm turbo. I already had rebuild and upgraded the auto tranny in it and re-stalled the stock converter to 3200. Ran 12.60's on the stock motor and stock turbo last year untill it crapped the turbo bearing. Ran an 11.95 with it in Texas in 07 when I was at a supra meet. Car still weighs 3750 lbs