2010 Pontiac G8 El Camino?

ImUrOBGYN

And we live in America! How well did the GTO sell..../argument

Just cause a cars popular in one country doesnt mean its going to sell over here

Sorry, maybe I should be more clear. I was stating that this is not a retro car, as it is just the latest generation of a popular car in Australia.

And BTW, the GTO was hobbled by yet another stupid choice by GM to hold the good motor from release for a year. So everyone waited til 05 to buy one with the 6.0, leaving the 5.7s on the lot. That screwed them up bad, because the GTO never got the momentum to keep sales high. If they had brought them out with the LS6 from the start, they probably would have sold a ton more overall. Anyway, it hardly matters for the G8ST, as this is intended from the start to be a low-volume niche car, not an attack on some new market.

Sorry, maybe I should be more clear. I was stating that this is not a retro car, as it is just the latest generation of a popular car in Australia.

And BTW, the GTO was hobbled by yet another stupid choice by GM to hold the good motor from release for a year. So everyone waited til 05 to buy one with the 6.0, leaving the 5.7s on the lot. That screwed them up bad, because the GTO never got the momentum to keep sales high. If they had brought them out with the LS6 from the start, they probably would have sold a ton more overall. Anyway, it hardly matters for the G8ST, as this is intended from the start to be a low-volume niche car, not an attack on some new market.

I will say this seems to be a pretty common practice with manufacturers, though. Waiting to offer the better performance option till later.