$$$ / acre

SPLN SUX

a bit ot here, but I've got a brother in commercial development. He told me the land the OSU farm sits on near Lane would be approx $400,000 if OSU sold it. Not only due to the location, but all of the underground piping, zoning, etc...

Sunbury area was at 100,000 per quarter acre a year ago. I had to buy my place up near Marengo at 10K an acre at the same time. My parents a few years ago bought their 160 acres near Marietta for around 350 per acre. Location is the first factor, then what type or if there are any major problems with it would be next I'd guess. My parents got it a little cheaper because it had recently been logged of its larger trees. Nothing serious, but they didn't have to pay for the value of wood bigger than 8 inches.

Evan

a bit ot here, but I've got a brother in commercial development. He told me the land the OSU farm sits on near Lane would be approx $400,000 if OSU sold it. Not only due to the location, but all of the underground piping, zoning, etc...

Lane Rd in Arlington? OSU golf course? 400,000 wouldn't come close to touching it unless I am thinking of a different place. Maybe add another 0 and you would be closer. Heck 1 acre at polaris is worth 500,000.00

The property is undeveloped... basically a large area of plainland with long grass and view of some of the mountians. It has some protective covenants being created on it but its for the types of homes allowed on the property, basically banning a mobile home park. Manufactured and modular are allowed though. What I havent looked into yet is to see what zoning allows in the terms of parcel division... if its half acre or quarter acre, I may have to build my self a neiborhood. Its just another one of my outlandish thoughts that I'll probably never act upon... but, COS is expanding eastward pretty ferociously... and this land is only about 15 miles out.

:bangbang:

pike county, its in the southren part of ohio its like country country...lol i wuz going to buy 20 acres to go hunting on

lollers where we go down shooting at is about a stones throw from pike, I was asking him where it is at to see if i know where it is or if my father would be interested in it.

That 100k was for sub divisions. I guess they wanted to weed out the low life right off the bat.

Evan

That is still retarded high... I think you can get land in Powell for less than that.

NOTHING in Sunbury is worth $400k an acre, NOTHING.