Summertime Electric Bill

Conesmasher

2k Sq Ft 110-130 per month AC on 70, 3 computers and 6 fish tanks......

House is bi-level upstairs seems poorly insulated cause about a 4-5 degree difference from upstairs and downstairs. Very hard to keep upstairs warm during winter without having 300 dollar gas bill.

House is bi-level upstairs seems poorly insulated cause about a 4-5 degree difference from upstairs and downstairs. Very hard to keep upstairs warm during winter without having 300 dollar gas bill.

we have a split level as well, were having the same issue.

We have a heat pump and it was always screwy in the house.. till we decided to finally just bite the bullet and bought a new unit..

Its made a WORLD of difference.. the temps are still a little off, but not as bad as they sued to be..

Wat

I have 1400 sq ft and a shared wall (condo end unit) and its pushing the 180 mark for these hot months. The a/c is at 74 and every excuse i have to shut it off (like if its cool outside in the morning) I do. We don't have many computers, TVs, lights, etc on either. I think they must have insulated the place with dead rats or something, the A/C runs way too much for what it does.

Programmable thermostat?

Honestly, this thing is saving me $100/month during the hot months.

My A/C runs at 74 from 5pm-11pm, but after that, it's basically shut off. During the day it only get's to be about 78 degrees, 80 max. During the day the thermostat is set at 88.

About right. We have 3,100 sq ft and just paid $179 last month.

It used to be the most dreaded bill I have to pay.

Last year, my bill was in the mid hundreds. It's a new house to us, so I didn't know what to expect to pay. But we've installed a programmable thermostat and our bill is staying in between $60-75.

I thought that was pretty amazing. What about you guys?

1200 sq ft

Yep. same here as well in my bi-level house. Upstairs is hot and downstairs is nice and cool. I'm mostly downstairs at the time too. Sleeping isn't that bad. I put a ceiling fan in the master bedroom last year.