WTB: 12 Gauge

Slimpsy1647545505

I should also say Kevins is out of my price range if you're going to point me to his link.

$450 is out of your price range??

Buy once Cry once

Check Vances for police trade 870's

dont get that single shot. i have one, and they suck ass for hunting.

you can get remington 870's brand new for 300$, and it will last a life time. i have one now i've had for ~10 years, havent taken care of it at all, rusted, beat up, but i haven't had a single hickup with it. probably ~2000 rounds through it.

ive been around shotguns my whole life, and shoot quite well. whats the point of hitting a bird flying through the air with a full choke, when it only takes 4-5 pellets to knock it down and kill it? you're just going to destroy whatever you're shooting. the point of opened chokes isnt to help a shitty shot, its to keep your target from getting mangled to shit

not to mention, i like to take full advantgage of my 3 shots and hit 3 birds, cause you know theres no way in hell youre going to crack one off with that single shot and be able to reload and get another shot before those birds are well past the ~35 yard limit the gun will reach ;)

maverick 88.

avoid the mossberg 500 as well. ive shot 2 different ones, that the shell stop had failed on me. the 20ga wasnt a big deal as i was skeet shooting, but the 12ga i couldnt get off a second shot at the deer i was aiming at. heres what happened both times

1 in chamber, 2 in tube. take first shot. pump the slide, slide stop released the shell too early, so when the arm came down to get the shell, it knocked the live round straight to the ground, the stop caught the 3rd round, but when i racked the slide forward to what i thought was a loaded gun, i had nothing

now if this happened on my dads 30 year old gun, i can see that happening. when it happened on my buddies fairly new gun of the same model, thats it for me.

like i said, my 870 has never given me a single problem, and at the price they can be had, its hard to beat. maybe check out gander mountains used section. if you buy used, see what chokes they come with.

ive been around shotguns my whole life, and shoot quite well. whats the point of hitting a bird flying through the air with a full choke, when it only takes 4-5 pellets to knock it down and kill it? you're just going to destroy whatever you're shooting. the point of opened chokes isnt to help a shitty shot, its to keep your target from getting mangled to shit

not to mention, i like to take full advantgage of my 3 shots and hit 3 birds, cause you know theres no way in hell youre going to crack one off with that single shot and be able to reload and get another shot before those birds are well past the ~35 yard limit the gun will reach ;)

thats where picking the correct shot load comes in for what your going after ...thats why i posted its not a slug gun and would be great for turkey shoot ...if he is looking for a good all around gun to have fun with and hunt a Over/Under Dbl would be best ....

Maverick 88 may as well be a 500, its the same gun with a different slide grip and the safety is different, other than that everything is interchangable. If you are looking for a good cheap starter 12 gauge I would go with the Maverick 88. I think I picked mine up from Wally world for less than 180 bucks. I like my 88 and have not had any problems with it at all.