Boeing - On Strike

Akula

Down economy, industry that isn't doing that well due to fuel costs.... Boeing offered 11% pay raise over 3 years and a few other things.

The Union wants more and so they went on strike.

I think Boeing will start looking to build aircraft in some other country.

...Boeing offered 11% pay raise over 3 years and a few other things.

The UAW also wanted more, went on strike, and look where they are now. I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to feel sympathetic to people being guaranteed 4% annual raises and a signing bonus when there's no clue how the economy is going to be next month, let alone three years from now.

We are on the brink, people, if not floating in that split-second before plummeting to the canyon floor below.

Yeah greed really is getting the best of them. There may be more to this than what we know, but I still wouldn't be bitching if they had offered that.

To bad no one had the vision to do anything about unions 30-40 years ago. The US might have at least delayed the rise of asian manufacturing for quite some time.

Evan

At least Chinese aircraft crash tests might be interesting.

Yet again another reason I do not want to fly if the people who are building them are not happy.......

I've already decided not to fly any more. They've had to cost cut so much, I'm worried where they've really cut corners. As it is, there are pilots that are refusing to fly some routes because the airlines won't let them put a reasonable safey margin of fuel on board.

Screw it, I'll drive where I want to go. It's longer, but cheaper too.

Down economy, industry that isn't doing that well due to fuel costs.... Boeing offered 11% pay raise over 3 years and a few other things.

The Union was saying what good would it do them to accept pay raises if the employees weren't going to be around to collect them. According to the union they think Boeing is shifting too many jobs to contractors and I assume elsewhere. I hope both sides can come to an agreement soon, sucks for both sides to be out of work.

I've already decided not to fly any more. They've had to cost cut so much, I'm worried where they've really cut corners. As it is, there are pilots that are refusing to fly some routes because the airlines won't let them put a reasonable safey margin of fuel on board.

Screw it, I'll drive where I want to go. It's longer, but cheaper too.

The unfortunate reality is that I cannot drive to China or England.