Deals Gap Trip

zukigsxr1000

I know the season hasn't started yet but I just got my vacation time from work and due to my position, i have to put it in for approval ASAP.. So would any of the cincy riders wanna do a group trip to Deals Gap, I know the Forum plans a trip to the gap in september.

If interested just post when in 09 you would wanna or be avaliable to go.

weekends at the gap aren't that great, from what i've heard.

if you really want to enjoy the road then you have to get there on a weekday. on the weekends, its filled with bikers of all sorts getting their fill in since its the only time they can do it with work during the week and all.

weekends at the gap aren't that great, from what i've heard.

if you really want to enjoy the road then you have to get there on a weekday. on the weekends, its filled with bikers of all sorts getting their fill in since its the only time they can do it with work during the week and all.

kinda like us ;) thats why we have to go on a weekend

I have never had any real problems riding the dragon on weekends for the most part the slower bikes move over and wave the faster ones around and some cars do as well. And like IP says it leaves all the other gems wide open. Cherla (sp?) skyway is a fantastic ride.

The best part about Deal's Gap is all the bikes are on the Dragon. That leaves all of the other really good roads wide open. I've ridden the Dragon and won't be disappointed if I never ride it again. There are far too many great roads all around that area to waste time behind a Harley or getting a ticket on the Dragon.

True, but the Gap is fun. The Gap is only worth a few trips up and down. Then hit all the other roads.

So it looks like a weekend would be best for everyone...

like maybe leave on a thursday night or friday morning, anybody know what time of the year is best or the least crowded?

I went with a bunch of people in September this past year. It was cold and rainy. Go during the summer. It'll be crowded, but the weather will be nice.

If it's a weekend trip, count me in.

Same here. I do 7-8 trips down there each summer and can generally go on just about any weekend that I don't already have something planned.

Post up as soon as you get a firm date so I can add it to my riding calendar.

Same here. I do 7-8 trips down there each summer and can generally go on just about any weekend that I don't already have something planned.

Post up as soon as you get a firm date so I can add it to my riding calendar.

awesome from what i have heard and read you know your way around the gap pretty well.

awesome from what i have heard and read you know your way around the gap pretty well.

Pretty much.

Keep in mind, I don't consider going to "Deal's Gap" as riding the 11 miles of the actual Gap all weekend. I consider it going to Tennessee, North Carolina, Northern Georgia and riding all over the area.

True, I do ride the actual Gap once or twice, but only as a means to get to the south side of it.

Traffic and cops on weekends are nothing to worry about - you won't see either once you pass the actual Gap area....and that's 11 miles of the 700 or so that I do on a weekend down there.

So plan your ride for any date - you'll have fun.

I was looking for a long holiday weekend, but I don't think I want to deal with July 4th traffic. That would at least give us an extra day.

Also, gas stops will be more frequent, since the beast likes to eat fuel like a fat kid eats cake. So don't get pissy when I have to stop. :lol:

Edited by Cdubyah