Renters Insurance ?'s any claims people etc

CJINOHIO03

What does it normally cover etc? I have it but dont have access to the written policy. I was told it might cover hotels due to no electricity. Does it cover damage to cars outside? Anything else? food etc? Sorry for so many questions called the dumb ass company and was told couldnt tell me anything but I could file a claim.

Sorry for so many questions called the dumb ass company and was told couldnt tell me anything but I could file a claim.

That's probably because they are swamped with claims are you are getting bumped to an FNOL provider (secondary call center) and all they do is take info and send it on to your insurance company...

call you agent? or is their power out as well?

What does it normally cover etc? I have it but dont have access to the written policy. I was told it might cover hotels due to no electricity. Does it cover damage to cars outside? Anything else? food etc? Sorry for so many questions called the dumb ass company and was told couldnt tell me anything but I could file a claim.

All policies are different and can have certain endorsements that will add or restrict coverage on a policy. Typically a renters can cover "loss of use" for certain losses. It may also cover additional living expenses that you may occur, possibly subjected to some limit.

Renters would more than likely not cover damage to cars that you personally own. If you have the coverage option, it may covers losses that you are liable for, if these cars are someone elses property.

Check this for a vague example.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/renters/ins_home_rent_price.asp

Hope all is well. And if you find that you don't have this coverage, make it a point to know what you buy next time.....possibly by getting an agent.

And if you find that you don't have this coverage, make it a point to know what you buy next time.....possibly by getting an agent.

This is a good point right here. Make sure you ask around about some agents to people you know and trust as well. My last agent was worthless. I made a theft claim once and they would not help at all. They just told my to call the Nationwide claim number. I switched agents shortly after that. When I just had my cars broken into a few weeks ago, my new agent has been great. I still had to call the claim number but they are now acting as a middle man FOR me. They even came out to make sure all my repairs were to my liking. If you have or want Nationwide, let me know and I will send you their name. Good luck either way.