EVO Crew... A Quick Question

Archie

one thing you need to remember...its a DSM. i have had my fair share of them...again...its a DSM. i see more of them on the side of the road than i do on the road. fun cars non the less (when they arent burning oil and auto revving making everyone around think that you want to race...)

It's not a DSM.....

As much as everyone likes to think that it's just not the truth. Look through the parts catalogs and see how many of the components are interchangeable. There's not too many. The engine shares the name, the bore, stroke, design, and what not but they made a lot of changes.

An EVO is not a DSM. There are barely any interchangeable parts. The entire drive train on the EVO is a MASSIVE improvement over the DSM in terms of robustness and performance. The suspension is much better. The cylinder head is much improved. The stock cam profiles are better. The oiling system is better. The cooling system is better. The turbo variants are better. ETC

Also, the EVO is built in Japan vs the DSM built in IL

Mine has almost 108K, 70k on this shortblock, and over 30K of that with a GT30 bolted to it. Most of my driving is highway, but she gets her share of flogging. Drag, Autocross, the "occasional street encounter", spirited merging... runs like a champ.

As long as you drive it, and there isn't anything noticeably wrong with it, I say go for it. If the guy has all the service records with the car, even better.