Newark Police seeking applicants

dragknee66

For those that are in shape.. need a job.. and have a good background..

http://www.newarkpd.com/

They start off with a physical test which is amazing actually.. the standards for their run are faster than the state test.

If you could run the 1.5mile in under 14 1/2 minutes rite NOW and have a clean background.. your chances would be really high of picking up a position there.

Theyll have a hard time finding more than maybe a dozen people i bet that will be able to pass all portions of that test.

"City Of Newark Seeking Qualified Officers

NEWARK, Ohio--The Newark Division of Police is looking for diversified people to join their force. The Civil Service Commission in Newark will be conducting part one, a physical agility test, for anyone interested in becoming a police officer. Information on the process can be found at www.newarkpd.com or picked up in person at 40 W. Main Street in Newark on the 4th floor. The written portion of the application process will take place at a later date. In order to participate in the physical agility phase of the hiring process, applications must be received by October 13, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. "

PS haters :gtfo:

For those that are in shape.. need a job.. and have a good background..

http://www.newarkpd.com/

They start off with a physical test which is amazing actually.. the standards for their run are faster than the state test.

If you could run the 1.5mile in under 14 1/2 minutes rite NOW and have a clean background.. your chances would be really high of picking up a position there.

Theyll have a hard time finding more than maybe a dozen people i bet that will be able to pass all portions of that test.

"City Of Newark Seeking Qualified Officers

NEWARK, Ohio--The Newark Division of Police is looking for diversified people to join their force. The Civil Service Commission in Newark will be conducting part one, a physical agility test, for anyone interested in becoming a police officer. Information on the process can be found at www.newarkpd.com or picked up in person at 40 W. Main Street in Newark on the 4th floor. The written portion of the application process will take place at a later date. In order to participate in the physical agility phase of the hiring process, applications must be received by October 13, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. "

PS haters :gtfo:

Just out of curiosity, how much do they start you out at?

since im curious, when you run your 1.5, do they have you do it outside?

reason i ask is i was considering going into a police force in the next year or so, and have been working on getting myself into shape, running being one of the aspects. i've started running on a treadmill indoors, and gotten down to 2.2mi in about 18 min, which means i could get the 14.5/1.5, but i havent gotten to running on solid ground or outdoors yet, and i know thats a totally different ball game

i can do the situps/pushups. for some reason, i thought there was a shitload more situps in the same amount of time...like 80 in a minute. dont know where i got that from. pushups arent too bad for me either.

i know i can run the time, i just dont know about doing it outside. its totally different than on a treadmill. i'd go try it at the gahanna HS today for shits and giggles, but im just getting over some crappy food poisoning, and im sure that wouldnt be great on me after about the first lap

Your adrenaline will be pumping , that will help you out on the run. That is a easy time to make the run in. As long as you do not walk you will be fine.

I had to run the mile and a half outside when the windchill was -10 . The people that was in charge of the run said "we were lucky, the last class had to run it with 2 inches of snow on the track !"

if u cant run 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes something is wrong, i run a mile in under 4 minutes

and thats a blazing speed of over 15mph, constant.

sub 10 min 1.5 is still 9mph, which isnt just a quick jog, thats a pretty brisk run for your average person

i know i got bored at work and figured up the olympic men were running at around 23mph for their 200m sprints.

ill make you a deal D-ramey - we'll go to a track around here, ill put up 100$ says you cant do a full mile in under 4 minutes. if you do, you're 100$ richer and fuck me. take it?

The state test I know is 11:58 for the 1.5 mile run if you are under 30 in order to graduate any academy and pass the OPOTA standards . 14.5 mile and a half is a light jog

yeah...thats like 6.2mph +/- .1mph. i guess that would be easy as shit since i have been starting my jogs at 7.0 and working up to 7.6 for the last 4-5 minutes

I believe you're full of shit.

im pretty sure when i ran in high school, a mile was about under 5 minutes watch is 5,280 ft that's what four 1/4 so ur saying it would take you over 8 minutes to run a mile? and 6 minutes to run a 1/2 mile....i could be wrong on my times but i know i had to run a mile under 5 minutes for something and i ran it under 5 minutes.. :asshole: lol

i know i got bored at work and figured up the olympic men were running at around 23mph for their 200m sprints.

ill make you a deal D-ramey - we'll go to a track around here, ill put up 100$ says you cant do a full mile in under 4 minutes. if you do, you're 100$ richer and fuck me. take it?

dude, i have not ran for about 5 years i played football a couple week's ago and was out of breath...lol in my primetime i was fit i ran track i was on the power lifting team and i set state recored ask hal his dad was my weght lifting coach