All police officers - No, not a ticket question

verse

I recently applied to the police academy through their application process online. I got a letter telling me my date for the preliminary tests, and if I pass I get to go through the physical test in January.

I'm just wondering if any of the police officers on here applied like this and my chances of getting into the academy once I pass it all (I passed the CFD physical and preliminary written tests).

Also what to expect going into the academy if I pass all these tests.

If you pass all parts of their test , you will be accepted into their academy . The higher you score on the first series of tests the sooner you will get into their academy . From the time you take their first test until the day you start their academy , you should expect that process to take atleast 12 months or longer .

Newark is hiring . Even if you do not want to work there , take the test. If you have not taken a video test before , that test will give you experience in taking video tests . Nearly all police departments tests are video tests now .

Welcome to life where shit doesn't make sense.

Quoted for the mother fucking truth. get used to it. cause no matter what anyone tells ya, IT DOES NOT EVER! GET ANY BETTER. Honestly it's all designed to fuck you. unless you're a drug dealer or some shit illegal shit that don't get caught, you're fucked. sorry to bear the bad news.... but thats just how it is.

I wouldnt count on getting on their anytime soon.

And basically ya, when the city blows up and crime goes through the roof, theyll have to figure something out.

PS.. good luck on the BPAD, I know of actual officers that have taken it and still couldnt pass it (??????)

Yes they are on a hiring freeze currently. Whats funny is the Mass retirement coming up and they will have no one to replace them.

Jason I find that odd. I have a friend that went through the academy and was hired right on.

Who put him through the acadamy? Not sure if it works this way or not, but I have been tolded by several people if you get you OPO certificate on your own, you are more likely to get hired on quicker.

Who put him through the acadamy? Not sure if it works this way or not, but I have been tolded by several people if you get you OPO certificate on your own, you are more likely to get hired on quicker.

Noper,

And not to mention its pretty damn expensive now too.

even if you go fetch your own opota basic academy cert, guess what, you are going to go back through CPD's academy. the only good news about that is cpd will pay you while you are there. there is a rumor that once cpd figures out they are too short handed, they might honor opota's cert, but imo that will never happen. cpd has too much money wrapped up in there academy/instructors to just let the "normal" cops in. good luck with the hiring process, hopefully if it is what you want to do it will work out for you.