WTB: F-body for semi cheap

STEVE-O

I am looking at a v-6 1998 camaro 5 speed. It is not what I really wanted but I think I might settle on it unless

Do you know where I can find a good cheap firebird?

what I would like priority wise

if it is a v-6 firebird I would like it to be white and a 5-speed

or if it is a ls1 i really dont care to much on color or trans,

catch is I am looking in the 5-6k price range so If you know of anyone or one somehwere out there that would be appriciated. thanks

I know but If it is a high milage ls1 I will take the time to build another engine for it.

I really want a nice v-6 5 speed white firebird but I have not even seen one for sale anywhere close to here. Tom I think I am going to drive around at used lots to see If I can find anything.

Do yourself a huge favor and be patient. If you have the extra time get a second job and save another $3k-4k. When I was 21 I settled for a firebird because it was what I could afford. When I turned 22 I got tired of not having a v8 and ended up with negative equity on a trade in for my TA. If you wait for 6 months and get what you want rather than what the dealers happen to have at the time you will probably be much happier.

Also, when the snow hits the ground the prices will drop and the dealerships will be begging you to take the car off of their hands.

Do yourself a huge favor and be patient. If you have the extra time get a second job and save another $3k-4k. When I was 21 I settled for a firebird because it was what I could afford. When I turned 22 I got tired of not having a v8 and ended up with negative equity on a trade in for my TA. If you wait for 6 months and get what you want rather than what the dealers happen to have at the time you will probably be much happier.

Also, when the snow hits the ground the prices will drop and the dealerships will be begging you to take the car off of their hands.

I think I will. Your right I dont want to have to deal with replaceing the front cradle of the v-6 just to swap in a v8 and everything else that is needed.

Plus I was awoken to a phone call at 8 am this moarning from kelly bmw wanting me to come in on monday for an official interview for employment :)

Damn I didn't realize these things have gotten so cheap. The last few years have just flown by and I can't seem to get it out of my head that these things aren't newer vehicles anymore. I have noticed ZO6s getting cheaper, and now that I am ready to buy one and can affort all that comes with it, so can everybody else and they are everywhere. Makes me not want to get one anymore.

Dude, go to Maryland, that SS is really nice.

And yeah, that black Z28 that sold a few days ago was a steal at that price.

I am amazed at what these things are going for these days. And like they mentioned, the closer it gets to winter, the better the chances are you'll find a nice one for dirt cheap. If all else fails, just wait til the new Camaro comes out and even more people will be selling their LS1 cars.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

i've located several great f-bodies out around the city--they're located below::

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=trailor+park+columbus+ohio&fb=1&view=text&latlng=12418662742303767815

http://www.oakhillsmobilehomepark.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&resnum=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=trailer+park+columbus+ohio&fb=1&view=text&latlng=15819235770617523066

EDIT:: like others have said, wait until you have more money to buy a better V8 example. i know its easy to replace a worn out LS1 if you buy a high mileage car---but the body will not be in nearly as good of shape, along with tons of other miscellaneous things that will wear out--the car will nickel-and-dime you to the point you'll wish you waited for a lower mileage car.

EDIT:: like others have said, wait until you have more money to buy a better V8 example. i know its easy to replace a worn out LS1 if you buy a high mileage car---but the body will not be in nearly as good of shape, along with tons of other miscellaneous things that will wear out--the car will nickel-and-dime you to the point you'll wish you waited for a lower mileage car.

The car Gillbot posted isn't ragged out or nasty it's one of the nicest 98's I've seen, I also picked my 98 Z off a guy with 86k miles for cheap, they do exist you just have to look.