Project Ice Ice Baby

Stimmel1647545512

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm bored sitting here in my apartment and started thinking about what I want to do to the car when I get back home...I am going to convert to mass air first make sure its all good then pull the motor....

the set up is a stock block/bottom end except for minor mods gears, gt40 intake, bbk long tubes no ac no smog etc the usual fox mods....

I want some advise or suggestions what i should do while the motor is out

I have gt40 heads sitting at robs Im gonna have those cleaned up new springs and whatever else they need....I want to install those with mls headgaskets and arp studs (might as well do it right the first time and make way for boost)

I am in the market for a good cam/rods springs roller rocker set up. but have no idea what cam to use and dont want to go to jegs and say i need a E303 cam haha

ill prob do a canton 7qt pan melling high volume pump arp hardened oil pump shaft and windage tray, I like expensive oil changes and need a new oil pan gasket anyways might as well go all out

keeping the stock bottom end for now and just clean everyhting up do a nice oiling system/cam/top end set up and heads. last summer I had the motor apart and it had double roller timing chain and looked clean as shit inside so who knows the history of the 104k miles on the odometer

any advice on what cam would be good for my daily summer driver, that is a cruzier and will be tracked when done.,

• 3 weeks later...

well I got the mass air conversion done today, A big thanks to Gearhead Rob for helping me do it and being an all around great guy

used the jumper harness pretty plug and play

Just used a stock MAF for now to make sure it would run right

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/Stimmel302/massair.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/Stimmel302/harness.jpg

The car idles waaaaaaaaaaaay better and the throttle response is alot better as well as all around preformance

Thanks to rob for helping thanks to hoblick for giving me the mass air meter and tube like last year and ryan for giving me a killer deal on the computer

Heads and cam to come soon.....

Guest Removed
HAHA no thank god everything seemed to be great car is so much smoother and seems to pull harder all around.

told you that shit is a night and day differnce... fuck speed denisty;)