Top Gear - Australia

ImUrOBGYN

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the first two episodes are out. Didn't even know it. Happen to see them while perusing some tv show torrents. Downloaded them but haven't watched them, yet. I'm not a "review" kinda guy, but I'll try to give a bit of rundown once I've watched the first one unless someone else steps up first.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the first two episodes are out. Didn't even know it. Happen to see them while perusing some tv show torrents. Downloaded them but haven't watched them, yet. I'm not a "review" kinda guy, but I'll try to give a bit of rundown once I've watched the first one unless someone else steps up first.

Just downloaded it as well. I'm pretty overwhelmed having Top Gear, Top Gear Australia, Top Gear America coming up and Fifth Gear.

I don't really watch fifth gear, but I religiously watch the original Top Gear as episodes are aired; I'll try this out too. Any of you guys use piranha for top gear and other automotive stuff? I see that both are already up there. It's kinda like the "fight club" of racing/car torrent sites :).

I never had a problem with Australian accents until I watched the two episodes. Those presenters voices get on my nerves after a few minutes. Other than that, I think that if they separate themselves a little bit more from the original formula they can find some of their own strengths to work on. Right now it's just too much of a copy of the original.

Well, after watching the first episode:

The Australian hosts don't have quite the level of chemistry and humor as their British counterparts at this point but fans of the Stig will be happy to know he's gone "down under". I believe the original film crew may be a bit better, too. It's mostly noticable during filming of track runs and the like.

Final thought:

If you're a fan of the original Top Gear, I recommend it as it's more of the same; damn near literally. It follows the exact same forumla.

You can always go and look it up here: http://www.tv.com

I'm sure it'll be there, I haven't looked, yet, since I just watched it instead. :) Looks like the 2nd episode will have a little Holden vs Ford action.